Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Best Place to Buy equipment..... in Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2002, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man I just ordered some tires and a new riding outfit from rockymountain atv and yes there prices are really good even for a canadian but getting them across the border ended up costing me another 100 dollars.

Are there any good places like that in Canada were you can buy riding stuff. I am specifically looking for some boots so if any one knows of any good places please tell me. Also if anyone has some used boots that are in pretty good shape I may consider them.

Thanks

Old 04-09-2002, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

Try Royal Distributing, they have a pretty good selection, and pretty good prices. They always seem to be helpful and nice to deal with.

Old 04-09-2002, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

I like Royal for general stuff (tire sizes, Battery Tenders, tie downs, etc.). But for more personal stuff like boots, pants, jerseys, helmets, etc, visit your local dealer. Some dealers a flexible on the price, and they may even have some stuff from last year which may be cheaper. I'm not from out west so I only know of the big places like Blackfoot Motorsports in BC. Ask your local riding buddies as well, as they may know someone who is a local dealer for Fox, etc.

Check the Yamaha website for a list of dealers in AB. You may find one with a mail order business.

You are lucky in AB when you order from the US. You only have to pay GST. In Ontario we also have to pay PST!

RM

Old 04-09-2002, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

I have gone to my local shops but everything around here is so damn expensive. The cheapest boot which is a fox something is $270 and then add gst.

Old 04-09-2002, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

Check out the MSR World Tour Evaders from Royal Distributing. I believe there was recently an increase in their price, but they still should be no more than $225.00.
They're a nice pair of boots for the quad.

Old 04-10-2002, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

Trust me on this one. Don't cheap out on the boots. Or on any of your equipment. All you need is to get 'sucked' off your machine by your rear wheel to truly understand the importance. A high quality boot will last years. They are more comfortable, have better protection, and are usually easier to break in. My Alpinstar Tech 7's are fantastic. If I had them ripped off, I would buy another pair in an instant (Although I think I would go with the Tech 8's)

I'm not saying pay more than it's worth, but buy good equipment and shop around for the price.

RM

Old 04-10-2002, 06:22 AM
Pro Rider

Most of the dealerships have clearance sales at the beginning of the year, Really good deals on stuff like boots [20-50% off depending on item] I do all my shopping for stuff like that when they do.. There is a blackfoot motorsport in Calgary, But they are slightly more expensive than my local dealer! If your ever in BC goto Salmon Arm [these guys sell lots of ATV's] or Vernon yamaha, both pretty good places for gear..

Old 04-10-2002, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

Thats funny you mention salmon arm because that is were I bought my quad. How much are the boots around were you live and do any of the stores have websites. It may be cheaper even to just buy them and get them shipped than to buy form my local shops. They are such a rip off.

Old 04-11-2002, 12:23 AM
Range Rover

Hey lucey, where is HSD in Winnipeg, do you have a phone # or web site for them? I thought that I knew all the shops around here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-11-2002, 02:26 AM
Pro Rider

Dont think they have a web site, By the time you ship them to alberta the price would probably be close, But like I said, If your in the area [go sledding in the winter? Or know anyone who does?] It would be worth it to stop in and see what they have.. I bought a pair of boots [tech X]on sale out of Vernon [Cycle City] for around $350, regular priced $500 or so.. Got a couple good parts and some riding gear out of Salmon Arm [Sports Center] for 20-35% off or so. January seems to be the sale month, As for regular prices.. These are just off the top of my head; HJC Helmet $350 [I picked one up on sale for $250], Fox\Thor 3.0\No Fear pants $200-$300, Gloves $50, Jerseys average $100. Not really good prices, but when ya catch em on the clearance sales it is alright.. Most of the stuff is not on sale anymore, and if it is, it is usually the left overs from us scavengers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]