Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

770 POWROLL KIT?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 07:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know any thing about this kit?

Old 04-17-2002, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

didnt curtis sparks have the fastest raptor motor,oh yeah they only beat the trinity raptor by 15 lengths.

Old 04-17-2002, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you talk to Pete Fischer at Powroll the whole point is to make a snort load of power without reving the hell out of it...............

Powroll have been around along time and have a reputation for building reliable products, guess time will tell.

Kiwi

Old 04-17-2002, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

<< Sparks built a one-off Raptor that was incredibly fast. However, no other Sparks Raptor to date has been anywhere near as fast as that particular bike, which means until someone shows me they can duplicate the original, then there was something very special about the mods and fuel on that bike.

A stroker Raptor has good possibilities despite the issue of piston speed, but time will tell on whether the Powroll stroker will be fast and reliable.
>>

Have you seen another Sparks 690 raptor that didn't add up to the one raced last January?

Old 04-18-2002, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider

Just to level the playing field, several of you guys keep bringing up the fact about how much faster the curtis sparks raptor was than all the rest. This does not mean that any of the kits they actually sale to the public will even come close to that which they built on that particular raptor. Anybody can make a butt kicking ATV given the right amount of money. Espially a one shot time deal. Use this as an analogy. Look at the suber bike race series. Do you really think that if Erion Racing won the extreme class on a $100,000.00 CBR 929 that any minorly moded show room 929 could then beat any R1, zx9, or gsxr1000 on the track or in drags. No way! Its all about the money! If Curtis Sparks added another $10k-$20k into their motor over the competition who do you really think would win giving that they actually held together for the event. I'm not biased towards any motor builders, but lets try and be realsitic here. Furthermore, I would bet you money that that exact motor is probably either no longer running or is in peices now.

Old 04-18-2002, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

sparks denied any &quot;special mods&quot; or fuel additives that made their motor run so fast, but it sure looked like there was a bit of something extra there, my 686 doesnt run that fast (wish it did), I contacted them for specs on their cam but they refused to give me any info (if it was better I was buying), so I was unable to determine if that was a factor. powerroll has a good rep, but I would wait for someone else to &quot;beta test&quot; that kit to see if the motor holds up and it puts out the power to the wheels

Old 04-18-2002, 12:19 PM
Trailblazer

Do you know why Powroll is so quiet?

Their products possitively speak for them....

Others will go on talk radio on how thier product is the best.

The best don't have to say anything....

Old 04-18-2002, 01:30 PM
Trailblazer

Let me start off bye saying I have never disrespected any eng. builder!Know onto some facts#1THERE WAS ONLY ONE 690 AT THE F.S.W.#2 THERE WAS NO EXOTIC FUELS#3EVERYONE IS MAKING A BIG DEAL HOW GOOD THE 690 RAN,WELL THE TRUTH IS HOW BAD ALL THE OTHER STUFF RAN THE SECOND FASTEST BIKE THERE WAS A MODDED 400EX WITH NO!! LIGHT WIEGHT STUFF YES IT WAS ON METH. AND WAS 465cc BUT THE GUY RIDING IT WAS 245LBS.#4KING RAPTORS 686 WOULD NOT OUTRUN MY 416!#5 I THINK THE ATT.(IF I WERE YOU GUYS)WOULD NOT BE ON WHY THE SPARKS 690 WAS SO FAST BUT WHY YOUR STUFF WAS SO SLOW!#6 AS FOR ANY OTHER SPARKS RAPTORS NOT BEING AS FAST ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS GO TO PISMO ON ANY GIVEN HOLIDAY AND YOU WILL SEE! WELL NOW THAT YOU GUYS HAVE MADE ME MAD I WILL BE THERE NEXT YEAR WITH MY OWN RAPTOR AND WILL GLADLY SHOW YOU GUYS WHAT A FAST RAPTOR SHOULD LOOK LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LYLE

Old 04-18-2002, 02:13 PM
Trailblazer

Sparks is one of the best

CT is one of the best

Powroll is one of the best

TDR is one of the best

and a few more...

then there are those that slander because they feel threatened...

Old 04-18-2002, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

Okay guys, Sparks has stated several times their 690 was nothing special but it was obviously the fastest machine there. I can believe that you other 686 owners would probably have been closer with a pair of FCR's. I personally plan to send my top end off to sparks as soon as financially feasable. I've got a couple of buddies on Shee's that need a fair whoopin. You know just because the Sparks machine beat someone else's doesnt mean that Sparks did something unfair. Now to the original topic: The Powroll 727 will probably be a monster, they've been building engines for a long time and know their business well.

Quick Reply: 770 POWROLL KIT?