Old 04-18-2002, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fst
four stroke tech is also and awsome engine builder

Old 04-18-2002, 06:01 PM
Trailblazer

ROFL, it is so funny how mad everyone gets. The facts is that Sparks whipped the heck out of all you 686's and they had TWO BIKES at the dunes a few weeks later and both beat a PAMI 703 by a huge margin. The FCR carbs definitely help though, and i would really like to see what the big boys would do. Next year we will see 727's and some 760s at the four stroke wars so hold onto your hat. Turbo and Nitrous will also rear its ugly head so only time will tell.

Old 04-18-2002, 06:29 PM
Trailblazer

King how close were you and the pami 703?

Old 04-18-2002, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

King I'm still waiting for a reply??? Have you run into another sparks690 that didn't add up to the one in January? Whats this that you got beat by a 416ex?

Old 04-18-2002, 10:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider

you have to remember the "king" has a early edition 686, others are slightly different. I am not slamming one over the other. I had what i wanted built by Trinity and i am impressed. I do find it hard to believe that one manufacture can be that much faster than the other. I wanted to build a full out super fast raptor, then reality set in. I want to ride week in and week out, without down time. If somebody blows past my 686 with thiers, my hat is off to them. Please don't roost me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I cna't wait to hear what the "KING" has instore for us next year.

Was that sparks 690 a customers quad, or does it belong to sparks? Maybe Harry will get involved next year and build one to compete. Sparks and Trinity can put there own back together a lot cheaper than we can.

Old 04-18-2002, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

14- It was a customers quad. It's the same set up you or I could purchase. The sparks690 kit parts and labor runs $2,800.00 and that comes with FCRs. The Raptor that Lyle raced had 10.75:1 comp. And now theres an option for 12.5:1 kit

All I can about all this is that "Sparks" and Trinity dominate the moded Raptor market[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2002, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

When I first started reading about all these people getting excited about Curtis' 690 Raptor blowing everyone in the weeds, I said to myself "It's about time someone showed these Internet gurus what a real engine runs like!" It didn't surprise me that Curtis built an engine that smoked all the wanna-be motors. I don't mean to put anyone down but there is a big difference between motors that are built by myself, Curtis or TC Racing - we have been building and racing ATV's for almost 20 years. Curtis and I used to race together on Team Honda in the 200 three-wheeler class. It was so close each race it came down to who was jetted spot on that day. If we were off 1 main jet size on a 200cc machine it made a difference of 1-2 hp and winning or losing. So just going to the sand dunes and being off 1 or 2 jet sizes on a 690 can make a big difference. Like Team Sparks said, "It is not surprising that Curtis built a good motor but how slow the other machines were." This past weekend, I built a motor for a friend of mine at Yamaha for the 150 Pro Class at the White Brothers Nationals. I never got to run the motor, I basically used my knowledge of cams, compression ratios, etc. to build a motor that would work good for that race. We were up against 20 or so BBR machines built by Powroll and BBR but we just made ours a little better and it ended up winning the race. The same thing happened to us that happened to Curtis; everybody wanted to protest us because we hole-shotted by 2-3 bike lengths and they assumed we cheated. We may have lucked out and been jetted right that day. I guess what I am saying is take the time to tune your machines and do your homework before you get to the race - like Curtis did.

Old 04-18-2002, 11:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Velocityraptor- Thanks for the info! Glad that it was not my quad. I like to be the test pilot on my own stuff. 2800 seems a little pricey even with the fcr's. Oh well it cost $$$$ to go fast. I am about fast enough. Just need to add the fcr's, nos............ that will hold me for a week or two. I was at Little Sahara last week end. Ran a few times, did well. One race i was all over the compitition leading the way to the finish line when a shee wheelies past me at 60 mph. lol

Old 04-18-2002, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

I don't understand all the talk of "well he beat me because of some special fuel"(what is that?:confused[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It's burn what ya bring!!

Old 04-18-2002, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

14- Like I told you, once you get that nos and FCRs those shees won't pass as fast![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 770 POWROLL KIT?