Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Ok Yamaha people I need some help.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2002, 10:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright peeps I was going to buy a 250R......but I can't find any. The next best thing on my list seems to be the banshee. With the engine mods is it EVERYTHING times 2?
I've never owned a yamaha. How much do banshees run new(price)? Any good used ones out there? How much do they usually go for? I've heard that yamaha are a little on the shaky side with reliability,but sometimes I think it's just jealously.No offense but thats just my opinion. They seem to be on the cutting edge with performance. Reliability isn't my biggest worry. Does it have like 2 engines?? I mean its got two carbuerators!! How does it handle? Anything I can do to make it handle better?

Thanks in Advance

Old 05-08-2002, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

A Banshee is a great quad just not the best handeling. 2 strokes reqire a lot of matinence. With all the goodies you can get for a Shee they can get pretty high strung quickly, But damn are they fast!!

I had a 250R & thought about a Shee but went with the Raptor, & am very happy with my choice. I did have to learn to ride all over again, it was as diffrent from my R as night & day.

Old 05-08-2002, 10:43 PM
Trailblazer

The Raptor has two carburators also, I think you should buy one of them.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-08-2002, 10:48 PM
Trailblazer

The raptor isn't a twin huh? no raptor for me sorryyy
Please helpp by answering some of my questions.

KING250R the R's are all gone.

Old 05-08-2002, 11:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you want an R look in the classified adds on the homepage there is plenty. Banshees range in price according to what is done or the condition of it. Any where from $2,000 on up. Shees are reliable as far as I know, never heard of any problems other than the air filter not sealing or the pain in the butt chain adjustment. They are NOT cutting edge performance wise by todays standards. The best thing about them is you can make them do anything your pocket book will let you, performance or handiling wise.

Old 05-08-2002, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

They're not the best handling quad out there, and are kind of tricky to do large jumps on(to me anyway) but they sure are fast with a set of pipes, and can do anything you want it to, like stated by Ward660r. To me, for an average joe rider, the Banshee is on the list of top quads to buy. And no, there aren't 2 engines. There are 2 cylinders. If you do get one, I would get a set of tires other than the stock ones, I HATE THEM. They hook up about as good as a bald tire on ice. Contrary to poular belief, 2 strokes aren't as maintenence extensive as some people say, and in the long run, are cheaper than thumpers when it comes time for a rebuild. New around here, anywhere from $5000-$6000. I know that there is a 250R where you live, tell me your state or area, and I can find at least 10.

Old 05-08-2002, 11:39 PM
Trailblazer

PassChristian Mississippi wise guy......try to find an R there.
I got 20 that says you wont find 3. I hear Banshees are faster then r's anyway. STOCK vs. STOCK

Old 05-09-2002, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider

It sounds like you are a 2-stroke man. Continue looking for a 250R. There is plenty of options to set that bike up exactly they way you want to ride it. You can start from a new frame. Then buy most of the parts through salvage just to get it running and probably spend appx $4,000.00 or you can suck it up and buy a new Raptor and learn to deal with the 4-stroke. I came from a 250R Tri- that was converted to a four wheeler. Then to a 400EX. Then to the Raptor. The Raptor has enough smooth exceleration to impress a guy that rides 2-stroke, and it does not bog as bad as the 400EX's Mid-Rang while on hill climbs. After just 3 weeks on my Raptor I'm happy to say it feel's some much better set up at stock then a friend of mines 400EX with an **** load of Mods.

Here is where you can get a 250R Chassis.
<url>http://www.lsracing.com</url><br>They start at about $2,310.00

Old 05-09-2002, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider
Old 05-09-2002, 06:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I know of four up here in Laurel, or close by. You are only about 2.5 hours away. Whats your price range and I'll do some digging IF you are serrious? By the way where do you ride at down there, any sand? I am always looking for a few good places close. O where's my 20?

Quick Reply: Ok Yamaha people I need some help.......