Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

More Problems in Mississippi!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2002, 07:07 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why does one group of people decide right and wrong? I keep asking my self that. We should have a opinion on this but the tree huggers are taking over everything because they are actually standing up for what they believe in (I am not saying some people don't for atv's) but we don't do our part for the sport all of us love.

The game wardens here are no joke. They do a very good job with the span of land they have to cover. As Ward said they do stake out in woods waiting for trespassers etc. It is really not worth even chancing becuase I know i don't want to pay that large fine.

I think the law stated if it is your own personal land then it does not apply and if you have consent from the owner of the land then you can ride on that owners personal land that includes creeks, rivers, etc.

IMO the atv sport will be banned commpletely within the next 15 or 20 years. I pray this is not true but that is the path we are headed down. ATV lovers it might be time to start standing up for the sport. I know all of you love it just as much as I do and more or you wouldn't be on this forum.

What do you guys think???

It might be time to chime in and see what we can do to keep the sport alive. Does anybody have any sugestions???

Old 05-17-2011, 10:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tell it like it is

Here in ms. they have enacted a law against riding atv's in creeks etc. using the excuse of disturbing fish beds.I however believe the true reason is to allow the state to prosecute people and collect fines without relying on landowners to press charges.now the officials can decide who they want to prosecute and who they want to let slide.Guess you need to be good friends with the right people if you want to ride.Why don't elected officials just tell the truth.Oh by the way if you have enough money to buy an airboat with a huge engine the osviously won't damage the streambed;yea right.