Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Looking for U.P. riders (question about trails) "the yamaha guys" :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2002 | 06:35 PM
|
Pro Rider

To tell ya the truth..... I TRAVEL! hehe, i would go almost anywhere there is a small ride going on....i would like to do one of the BIG poker runs too....

I guess that i like the smaller rides better...like 2-12 people...seems that everyone sticks together more that way and seems to be more enjoyable.... all i know is, i am LOOKING for the ones that are a lil more nutty like me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I am always testing the "depth" of the marsh/swamp/hole and would like to actually WATCH someone else try it too...same with some of the hills that i climb, seems that no one else ever wants to do it! I guess that if i am riding...it's not REALLY a ride, unless i have to use the winch [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I would get together with anyone that wants to ride....i have SEVERAL trail systems here that range in almost everything that you could want. All ya have to do, is send me a message and tell me WHEN, WHERE, and HOW LONG...and i will be there if all possible.

Jonathan

Old 05-17-2002 | 08:15 PM
Trailblazer

Frogman And I Both have ridden the roads up here in marquette county. It is not legal in all areas, It depends on the townships that your in. Almost all of the southern townships have passed Ordanances allowing ATV's to use the shoulder. I have never been stopped anywhere in marquette county.

Old 05-18-2002 | 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

hey frogman,
It sounds like you and i would have a riot on the trails together!!! i love to try just about anything, but just cant find others willing to go for it too. i have put mine to the top of the racks in mud( snorkled the belt system to avoid another mess) climbed hills that i had no right making, lol. and even have launched the thing 6 ft in the air covering 24 to 28 ft spans, heehee. it hasent broke yet, but damnit!!! i keep trying, lmao!!! if i can ever find the time to make it to the u.p., i would most definetally have to bring the camcorder and camara, heehee! i have a few pics of me jumping my grizzly, if you feel like looking.

my pictures

Old 05-19-2002 | 08:38 PM
|
Pro Rider

Thanks Mich.....

Well to let you know, i will be posting a thread on the ride of this weekend...it was awsome... i rode with Colt, and he is a NUT too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

We had a blast, but i will tell you ALL in a new thread....

I would ride with any and all, IF ya at least try some of the things i do, and i am not saying that i would try everything that others will do...hehe, gotta back down now and then. I say this because...aw heck, just READ my new thread!

hehe
Jonathan

Old 05-19-2002 | 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

ok. frogman. i have been waiting for the post, lol? that is like hanging a cracker in front of a starving man, i need info!! lmao!!!
sounds to me you had fun. i got to jump mine again today. i got it up to 45 off a 3 1/2 foot jump. even with the new tires, it sailed nicly. i found out my new tires rub hard when colapsed. so i fixed it with a grinder and a cut off wheel. i now have a lighter quad, by about 1/2 lb, lol.
i got over cutting my plastic after i cut holes into the front and rear for the snorkles, so now i just grind away clearance.

my pictures

Old 05-20-2002 | 09:34 PM
Trailblazer

ill be up there thurdays till tuesday next week been rideing up there for 7 years lots of spote to ride in summer all the snowmobile trails or open i think theres 3000 miles in all thats a bunch to pick from . have a good time stay off state hwys !!!!

Old 05-21-2002 | 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Jonathan,
you guys should start an Upper Penninsula ATV club.Than you should contact every ATV dealer in UP and get more members thru them. More people means more power......for negotiation. Frogman for a club president /for a start/.I am sending money for member #2/please,no objections,I know I live in ILL.,but my heart is in UP and my camp,too/. We will ask NRA for support and with their help we will have our president in Congress in 2008!
We need a P.O.Box to start with,but that is your duty Jonathan.

Joe

Old 05-21-2002 | 03:34 AM
|
Pro Rider

Thanks Joe....do you really think that i would make a good president? LMAO...i actually think it would be a good idea. I will look into other clubs and find out about bi-laws and such. This sounds like something that i would love to do. I will write more tomarrow and start a new thread in Club news.

With the guys that i have ridden with up here, i am sure that we would ahve a very powerful and outspoken (respectable) club. I know several of the "gulp" bar owners in this area (not that i am an alki, just that i have helped run a bar in this area..hehe). I think that we could get some sponsorships for the club. ie: shirts, caps, etc...for making some sched. poker runs to thier places. Also, might be able to get some of the diners in on it too.

Guess that i have my work cut out for me! If you all are really interested in this...let me know! I will start a new post ASAP in the club news section and you can respond there if you wanna join and think it is a good idea. I will start working on the particulars of the club in the morning.

Jonathan