Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Looking for U.P. riders (question about trails) "the yamaha guys" :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2002 | 01:34 AM
|
Pro Rider

I know this is the yamaha forum...BUT, i have seen posts in here from you guys that are in the UP or WI area and were talking about the county allowing ORV on the side of the roads for Delta, ???, ???.

What i want to know is, if any of you have information on how these county's past their law for allowing ORV's on the side of public roads (to and from trails). I would like to find out as much information that i can to start working on Marquette county to lift their band. If anyone has a copy of a petition that was used for this, or what information should be included on a petition, so that i can get copies to all the dealerships in this area for signature of customers.

I guess it is time for us to start standing together. I am tired of sitting on the side and watching our riding privies go out the door!

PLEASE help if you can. Also, if there is any groups that are riding up here, let me know and i will get a copy of whatever we put together so that you can sign as well.

THANK YOU all for the help....let's get together on this and open/keep what trails that we have.

Jonathan

Old 05-16-2002 | 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

hey,
i wish i rode in the u.p, couse i hear it is ausome to ride there,( lots of trails, alot to see) i live in lower michigan, and can never get away enough to ride there. but, if there is anything i might be able to do for you, i sure will try. i see them slowly raping us of our rights in lower mi, and just want to do something about it. every year, i have to go further north to ride leagally, and it is killing me. they have taken away more trails from us than they have left, and it is putting a choke hold on fun riding. good luck in your search, and if you find out anything, let me know!!!

my pictures

Old 05-16-2002 | 10:30 PM
Range Rover

id like a copy too, we have a cabin in munising (the county of no orv trails!! (alger)) and would be happy to help in any way i can

later

kevin

Old 05-16-2002 | 11:17 PM
Trailblazer

I live in Marquette and in order for quads to be able on the roads you have to get all the townships in the County to ok it. In marquuet county we can ride on the roads becasue of one county.

Old 05-16-2002 | 11:24 PM
|
Pro Rider

thanks guys....

i have been REALLY busy today and havent had time for research as of yet.

I think, this will make a good list (the responses) to see if it will be worth it to start.

Mich660, you are welcome to come up here anytime and ride with us [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

iMadunatic, sorry to hear about alger county...i didnt know that. Well, if we can get something going for Marquette, it might be a good start towards fighting for other counties as well. Same goes for you....if ya ever wanna ride....your welcome to come up this way...

Jonathan

Old 05-16-2002 | 11:30 PM
Range Rover

its not all bad, we are surrounded by escanaba paper company land, and can ride their trails all over, as well as forest service roads,

but we did manage to somehow end up in delta county last year (not sure how, didnt know that you could ride on the shoulder there, thanx for the info, or am i reading that wrong??)

Old 05-16-2002 | 11:33 PM
|
Pro Rider

Your reading right.... Delta, Menomonnee, and a third...just cant remember the NAME!!!...lol, they are now legal to ride on side of road...remember, NOT US Highways though.

to tired tonight....

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Jonathan

Old 05-17-2002 | 01:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Talk to Joe Vandyck 1-906-341-5908, he lead us into getting the roads open around Schoolcraft. Us guys from the U.P. will have to get together sometime!We go to Munising and Marquette all of the time.

Old 05-17-2002 | 01:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

We have a pocker run going on this weekend in Schoolcraft. It's getting real nice around here to ride, because we don't have to hide. Or like some people run from the police anymore. They know now that atv's can bring in just as much or more money than sleds can. Quads are not limited to one season like sleds are.

Old 05-17-2002 | 02:37 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Frogman I'm a Rapid River native. I've been transplanted to Grayling because I'm full time National Guard.

I'd like to hook up with you sometime since I'm up there quite a bit. Now that I finally have my OWN quad I can't wait to bring it back up there!!!

Do you ever ride in the Escanaba or Delta Country Area? I could bring my brother up there with me with our Kodiaks and have a riot!

Brian

Quick Reply: Looking for U.P. riders (question about trails) "the yamaha guys" :)