Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ILL AT THE DEALER

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my dealer left my raptor outside all weekend. i was thinking about it and decided to ride by and see. there it was. may be i should have got it straight with the guy before i left my quad there but the other mechanic i use never leaves anything outside. maybe i'm a bit zealous about it, but it is my quad/my $ after all. it's in a large chain-linked fence area that used to be an auto salvage yard. there is barb wire over the top of it. a pair of lock cutters, a hole through the fence and it's gone. it has rained like crazy this weekend. don't get me wrong i do get it wet time to time, but the part that was odered was wrong and i'm sure he didn't put a new gasket on it and then set it out there. the part was my one-way starter bearing. my quad is kept under my carport chained, cabled, and blocked in by one of my trans-ams at all times. i will definitely get all things straight before my next visit. if there is a next time.

Old 05-28-2002, 03:16 AM
Pro Rider

I'd have a "talk" with him!!
If he doesn't have the room to keep it inside tell him to call you when it's your quads turn to be worked on & then you'll bring it in!!

Old 05-29-2002, 01:13 AM
Trailblazer

I don't think I could tell you how pi$$ed I would be. Better let him have an ear full!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]isgust

Old 05-29-2002, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

I would've freaked clean out. I had a dealer that used to put mine out side during the day. I drove up to the shop and saw a guy get out of a BMW with girlfriend in tow. He jumps on my machine and starts bouncing up and down.
I went in the shop and wigged, I know why they put it out front. To pull people in. That is just wrong, don't take that ****.

Old 05-29-2002, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider

That is why you need to work on it yourself! I really will never ask a dealer for help on anything, and when I do buy a new quad, I will not leave it there, even if it is to just go get the truck to haul it home that same day. When the Raptor first came out I went to a local dealer and the only one they had said sold on the price tag, so I decided to stay off but there were people sitting on it, "testing" the suspension and just overall thrashing on it while it was sittting there with the words sold all over it. Once you see someone trash your brand new quad, or anyones new quad, you'll never want to have them touch your quad again!

Old 05-29-2002, 05:30 AM
Pro Rider

o.k. i was nice about it since i didn't specify i wanted it kept inside. you what they say when you assume. so i called today and the part still hadn't arrived. i told them that i never leave my quad outside and i wanted them to put it inside. she was very nice and appoligized. well, i just got home and decided to see if it was put up. IT HASN'T MOVED. NOW I'M PI$$ED. i tried to deal with these people in a polite, respectful manor and was totally ignored. this is b.s. and i intend to let them know in the morning. they will have no more of my business.

Old 05-29-2002, 07:19 AM
TG1
Pro Rider

Don't blame you one bit. After speaking to the dealer they should that respected your wishes or explained why it wasn't possible for it to be placed inside. Quads are not cheap and the dealer ought to be respectful enough to provide descent storage.

Old 05-29-2002, 08:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think I'd go get it. Just like you said with a pair of bolt cutters. Then make them wonder what happened to it for awhile. The Yamaha dealer down here doesn't put anything inside period. Just one of the many reasons Honda of Laurel gets all my business. I know I'm being a trator but they really care about their customers.

Old 05-29-2002, 09:41 PM
TG1
Pro Rider

You've got to go were you feel comfortable. A dealer that is a jerk will never get my business even if he or she are the closest or offer the best price. After having a bad experience at the local dealer I now will travel an hour to deal with someone who really cares about my happiness. The little things mean a lot.

Old 05-29-2002, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can i get a HEII YEAH!!! go in there in kick him in the ribs!!!!i wouldn't stand for that crap.i don't even like getting my quad wet when i'm washing it.i'll be dammed if i'm gonna let someone else take care of my machine in any less of a manner then i would myself.

Quick Reply: ILL AT THE DEALER