Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Do you modd your cars as much as your quads?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 02:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Trinity 686 raptor with all the goodies. TCS shocks, gyrt exhaust, cascasde seat cover, durablue 2 plus2 axle etc. I am always looking for more to add.

My fellow quad riding buddies are always giving me a hard time about the Buick Gran National sitting in the garage collecting dust. So last week i cleaned it up and went on a ride. Got home and find a web site for GN's on the net. In the last 2 weeks i have ordered a lot of go fast parts. I believe that cars are cheaper to modify. Looking to go 12 flat in the GN.I figured that after owning it for 12 years its time at the top of the list is here.

So the question is do you modd your cars?

Old 06-12-2002, 02:14 PM
Trailblazer

i think stock is what it takes to get it home to modd it
i don't have a car but i have a truck thats lifted done up

Old 06-12-2002, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider

i try to buy them fast as he11 to start with, then maybe add stereo upgrades. but sometimes go fast stuff is like an addiction no matter what it's on. i comute in my '89 choo-choo customs trans-am but cruise around in my '99 ws-6 ram air with flow master, k+n, comp. chip, msd ignition. that thing is bad-***. just got a thing for trans-ams i guess. both of these cars came maxxed out.
that grand national is one sweet ride. they are still selling for always over 10 grand. is this one single or twin turbo charged? always liked those cars.

Old 06-12-2002, 03:48 PM
CK1
Weekend Warrior

i just got into 4-wheelers so my 99 warrior is stock. but my car:
1994 Mustang GT Convertible
Laser Red with tan top and tan leather. 5.0L, 5-spd 50,000 miles, no winters.
Mods: Flowtech X-Pipe,Borla Cat-Back, FMS 3.55, FMS RPM Extender, FMS 65MM throttle body, WMS Cold Air Kit, ASP Under Drive Pullies, FMS "c" Springs, 20% window tint all the way around, MW Grille Insert, MW Bumper Inserts, 2001 Cobra rims with new BFG tires!

Old 06-12-2002, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

I do more mods on my two bikes out of three that I have then my truck. The only mod to my truck is upgrade the stereo and K&N filter.

Old 06-12-2002, 04:39 PM
Range Rover

My first car was a "project" '69 camaro. I thought that I wanted to paint it, put in a new interior, build an 11 second or better motor but I did what car guys said was the big mistake and take out a notepad and all the catalogs and price out how much everything would cost. See I used to go to alot of car shows and late nite street racing and had to have a runner. But I didn't want to pay the price so I kept it mildly stock for a while and sold it later not running with no carb or intake manifold for cash. The best thing I could have done friends tell me 10 years later and $20,000+ into their tube chassis monstor motors cars was sell that car.

My raptor has costed me about $8,000 and is totally reliable and fun and fast. I also blow money on other hobbies (since I live in Southern Califorina I scuba dive, play tennis/raquetball, basketball, backpack/camp, shoot guns, I have cleets for when I played soccor, ride expensive road bikes and mountain bikes, newest thing snowboarding) get my point.

So, I like to ride my Raptor and put money here and there but it is nice out-of-the-box too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-12-2002, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

Been there done that!

4-Mustangs all 91's, 1-Lx, 1 Gt, and 2 Coupe's. All motor 302 12.11@112mph, all motor 351W 10.88@125mph, and a stock shortblock 302 w/supercharger 10.32@132mph. It only takes money, right! There are some pics on my website of the Mustangs if you want to check them out.

Old 06-12-2002, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

Got out of cars to atvs figured it would be cheaper well it is but it is still a expensive hobby.

Old 06-12-2002, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I must be a freak. My truck is bone stock, even went with OEM tires when it needed new ones. Now, my quads and motorcycles are another story. 1st was a '99 Buell X1 Lightning with the full race kit, carbon fiber fender eliminator/underseat storage kit, removed the chin spoiler, Banke shifter, bar end mirrors, and custom ground pegs (gotta love draggin' the knees at 80MPH+). 2nd up was the '02 Raptor with pipe, jet kit, Pro-Flow, skid plates, Maxxis Razrs, and various other little details. Now I'm working on an '86 250R. It will have a reinforced, black PC'ed frame, Houser +1" +1" long-travel a-arms, Elka 19" shocks up front, Elka in the rear, skids, nerfs, Clarke 4.0 gal tank, Hinson basket, beadlocks with Holeshots, and undecided motor work at this time (maybe an ESR 310???). Basically, it will be a competitive GNCC B or A class quad when I'm done. I keep thinking about building up a Stang, but I would just get into too much trouble with it. That's why I sold the Buell. Cops aren't too cool about 60MPH wheelies in a 35MPH zone or working traffic like its just a bunch of rolling chicanes.

Old 06-12-2002, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm a total gear head.i mod everything that has a motor.i'[m so bad i even have to mod my kids ktm 50 and pw50.i'm sick.but i don't wanna find any cures.
i'm currently working on akx500 stroker motor to be put in my tecate chassis.which you can see the tecate in my pics,and you'll see my mustang in the background in the garage.it's a 10.40 car @135mph.all naturally aspirated 302 ,no poweradders.
i'm trying to get the wife to let me mod out our v-8 explorer but she's not having it.so i guess i'll drop a V-8 in the ranger.
and someone said earlier it's only money and you can't take it wioth you.so enjoy it while you can.

Quick Reply: Do you modd your cars as much as your quads?