Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

WIll ALL 2-strokes be BANNED?!?!?!??!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 04:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have read several post's that state that ALL 2 stokes will be banned in 2006???
I hope that Yamaha will just modify the 2-stokes engines to keep them around and made!!!!!
Is this JUST hear say? I really want to know..

Old 06-17-2002, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

They will be banned from all use on public land. Two strokes will only be able to race on closed courses. This is a bunch of bull $h!t as everyone in here knows. Alot of people are dissapointed in President bush, and he'll probably be beat next election by a democrap. The end is near for all 2 strokers. In orange county(Los Angeles), they already banned all two stroke weed eaters and other two stroke equipment.

JaMeS

Old 06-17-2002, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider

Wont that be a weird site to see at Glamis if there are no 2-strokes

Old 06-17-2002, 06:53 PM
Range Rover

California is suppose to ban the 2-stoke in 2006 but they have done this before and back off of it, so who knows for sure but with the Earth Hippies on the move you know that it's only a matter of time before every one has to run 4-stokes, look at what there doing on the rivers and lakes ( 2-stokes ) have been banned for personal water craft.

Old 06-17-2002, 08:04 PM
Trailblazer

I agree,
I do think it is just a matter of time before all 2 strokers are outlawed. I think that will be a real shame. I personally run 4 stroke quads, but from a snowmobiling, bike, boat point of view, a lot of why we ride will be gone for no real good reason. I really wish they would work with manufacturers and set reasonable emission standards.

Old 06-17-2002, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

727Banshee:

Unless they completly close Glamis.. that won't happen for a long time. If they want to completely stop 2 stroke use, I'm sure the first step would be to stop manufacturing & selling 2 strokes in Calif. Then, the only people that could get them would be the ones that use them for closed circuit racing. Then, as the years passed the 2 stroke population would start to decline and eventually (in like 30+ years) there would be very little or few remaining. An example of how this slow decline would be the 250R. Honda stopped manufacturing the 250R in 1989, aprox 12 years ago, but their still out there being rode. The total number of them around is dropping as there totaled, wrecked and or blown up beyond repair. I beleive that "eventually" 2 strokes will be phased out unless their redesigned to meet higher emission standards IE: less poluting. When that will happen... who knows, maybe 2006 is the start of the process. I hope not as that would/will be the $hitz.

On a second note, no offense to So Cal, but when I lived down there (till 1976) the air quality was pretty bad. Now, some 26 years later I would have to imagine it's gotta pretty nasty. Whoa 26 years ago, sheesh I'm old! I remember back then when I lived on one side of a valley and couldn't see across to the other side (aprox 8-10 miles) due to the smog being so thick. I also remember being at school many days when we couldn't go out for afternoon recess/PE cause the air quality people had called a "Smog Alert". A smog alert is called when the level of air polution is high enough that they beleive it to be a health risk to people. Anyone down there know if this is still the case today?

Rude Dog

P.S. I'm not a tree hugger so don't tear me up... I too also have & ride 2-strokes and so I'm just as guilty as the next guy. I was just remembering back in time that's all... Ah.. Long hair, Levi cords & big bell levi's, wide leather belts, hang-ten t-shirts & Bat-man originals on prime time.... oops!! sorry I lost it back in time again!!!!

Old 06-17-2002, 10:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Actualy, The air quality here has improved a lot from the 70's. Its still sucks but, its not as bad as then. I'm 40 as was very alive in the 70's [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Old 06-18-2002, 08:01 PM
Trailblazer

I hear that Greezemonkey!!!
I hope that the law makers and the Environmentalist work with the Manufactures on cleaning up emissions. It's seems more profitable for both sides. After ALL these decisions and everything else is based in M.O.N.E.Y. and who gets it and who doesn't. It sad but true.
I wonder who will win out?

I love 2 strokes man!!! I bet they could figure out SOMETHING!!!!!!

Old 06-18-2002, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

Ban 2 strokes in California........ (glamis)

Yea, might as well ban gambling in Nevada.
Wont happen. (for a looooooong time)
At least it BETTER not.

-Matt

Old 06-18-2002, 11:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

California already has laws in place about 2 stroke engines. When they can run etc. Its basicaly May 1st - September 30th for the most part that they are not allowed to run on public lands. Its for smog purposes. Thats what the green and red stickers are about. Why can't they just be happy with that?

Quick Reply: WIll ALL 2-strokes be BANNED?!?!?!??!?!?!