Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wolverine vs Warrior

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, those guys are right...Can't lock up the fronts without the rears working too.

Personally I have never had a problem with it...Most of the time I would rather use just the rear brakes rather than just the front brakes so the Polaris setup works for me.

You can buy a split brake kit for the Polaris so you can control the front and rear brakes seperatly though everyone that I know is satisfied with the current setup.

I was reading the other responses and I realize that I may have pushed for the Polaris a little to much, and in a way bashed the Wolverine.

As with all of the other quads on the market, the Wolverine is just right for some people...Just because I like the Polaris more doesn't mean that it is better.

I would like to point out that all of the things that I said are just opinion. Some things that were said in this post such as weights, dimensions, and in most cases, speeds may be facts, but as far as which quad is better....all just a matter of opinion.

So Copguy, the answer to your question is this....Nobody knows! Nobody on here can tell you which quad is better for you except for you. That seems very obvious, but it's amaizing how many people I see swayed just by somebody saying "Get this quad cause it's better".

Just wanted to clear things up.

Thanks.

-Josh

Old 06-25-2002, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

To MattDewalt,,,,,,,,,,
I agree the Wolverine could use more power but you cant pick the front end up and barely can the back ?........You must have the "made from lead model"........To service the undercarrige of mine I just grab the front bumper and lift it up until the machine is vertical resting on the rear rack. Dont even have to strain.

Old 06-25-2002, 11:04 PM
Range Rover

What the he11 are you taking about you cant lift the front or rear end up. Thats one of the best features.