Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

wake my raptor!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2002, 05:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spacollie, if your carb is tuned farely close to being correct you'll never be able to start the bike with the screws @ 1 turns out. Try starting @ 2 turns out each & dial in the left carb fuel screw first, it is the most influential despite the fact that it only feeds one valve, it is the carb with the idle jet(or whatever you call it) that the right side doesn't have. As a matter of fact, some dealers will tell you to leave the left screw alone from the factory setting.

Anyway, start the bike with 2 turns out each, adjust the left carb fuel screw first for best idle, you'll really hear it improve as you approach the ideal setting, usually around 3 turns, also, remember to have the idle adjustment set high so you can really hear it improve. Then adjust the right carb fuel screw, you'll notice the right one won't make as big of a difference but if you turn it in/out too far you'll hear it affect the idle. If you can't seem to dial in the right carb screw by listening, just set it the same as the left carb. Some recommend 1/4 turn more since it feeds 2 valves, whatever, your ears will lead you the way.....listen to the force luke.
The readjust the idle screw for approx 1500 rpm, it'll sound fast, it is! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]