Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

wake my raptor!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 11:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CTraptor- list all the pipes you have had on your 3 raptors.

My stand on the ctpipe is and always will be- if you bought it because of the Dirtwwheels pipe shoot out you will be dissapointed. Most of the pipes can be configured to produce close to 50 hp. It does not have any advandge over any of them. I have never been a big beliver on a full pipe over a slip-on. I can see where a person might like a cleaner looking head pipe over the factory.

What did everyone pay for the CT set-up????

CTraptor- I will make the trip to glamis so plan to attend. I will spot you 15 lengths. You better have on full gear and a chest protector cause when i blow by you i will make sure to give you a little extra sand. I am not hard to find, my name is on the quad.

Old 07-15-2002, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

One's all stock, one has a K&N w/Pro Circuit T-4, and Mine with the CT pipe. As for Glamis I still need sand tires, so i'm trying my hardest to get them but I just havent had the time to get them. And i'm still not gonna race anyone with a bigger piston. So yes 14mins I might be a wuss to you, but anyway you would set it up it be an unfair advantage.

And btw I didn't get the ct pipe because of that dirt wheels shootout, although I have read it and the problem with that shootout is none of those quads had the same intake style. So there probably all really close. But yeah I got the ct pipe because I, myself thinks it looks sharp.

I think I paid like $500 all together, because I messed up on the order and I got screwed over on shipping.

Old 07-15-2002, 04:54 PM
Trailblazer

Changing the pilot to 27.5 stopped my pipe from glowing yoshi titanium, Dynojets 146-148, needle in the 4th place, 2 turns out on mixscrew, No lid with a k&n prodesign adaptor, at 1000ft.
Seams to pull good for me I do have a little poping when I let off throttle. any sugestions?

Old 07-15-2002, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

Spacollie,

I have the CT setup, and I am very happy with it.

I run no lid with the pro design foam filter and flange, 170/175, stock pilots, and stock needles. It rocks.

I tried the DJ needles and found a major problem going from 1/4 throttle to 1/2. Switched back to the stock needles, and it went away. I think the DJ are too narrow or taper to quick. The stockers seem thicker.

You won't be able to run 170/175 with the lid. No way. But 155/160 or 160/165 probably.

Your Pro Design is a great filter, and as long as it is properly oiled, you don't need the lid. The only reason I would use the lid, is if you were in the water alot.

RM

Old 07-15-2002, 05:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

swytak thats interesting no matter what I tried I couldn't get the DJ needles right. I put in the stock ones and the work great. I agree about the pilots, when I put them in it was to stop my head pipe from getting so hot and it worked. I didn't see any performance gain or loss from them.

Anyone that is atempting to jet, or is just intrested in learning new info, needs to check out the FAQs on Trinity's web site, click here. There is a very good write up on how to properly jet. I found it VERY informative.

Old 07-15-2002, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

Well I just got the pilots in the mail today so I,m goin out to the garage to see WTF. I also think that I will put the stock needles back in and give those a whirl. Probably a good chance the snorkel will be ditched also. I,ll keep you guys posted with my findings.

ctraptor- ordered the pilots from a local yamaha dealer in town.

14mins- the pipe, filter and jets in canada cost me $1069.oo. My original plan was to get a yoshi but my dealer had said that these were the biggest and baddest thing on the go. I don,t regret buying the thing other than the fact of tuning it is becoming a real pain. Looks and sounds forking wicked.

Old 07-15-2002, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

jessiejames,

I would be more then willing (as I'm sure others would too), but we need to know when you are experiencing the popping noise?

If it is on deceleration, then it is usualy one of two things. One, you need to go richer with your air/fuel mixture, by adjusting both a 1/4 turn at a time until it goes away. OR two, you have an exhaust leak, just put your hand around (not on it, it'll be hot) the exhaust joints and find where it is leaking from.

Hope this helps.

Swy

Old 07-15-2002, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

Just finished forking with that thing somemore and I can say that now where getting some where. I installed 25 pilots, turned the air screws at 2 1/4 and put the stock needles back in. Big difference on the bottom. I couldn,t really tell on top cause it was only a short burn up behind my house. Just woke up and I got to work in an hour. Let you guys tomorrow.

Old 07-16-2002, 10:35 AM
Trailblazer

I dont think I have a exhaust leak everything fit together well but I will check and start turning the screw out 1/4 turn and see if that will help.

spacollie: make sure when you do changes you let your quad warm up good and ride it like you usaully do when you ride. I think 15 min of hard riding lets you truely notice a difference...

Old 07-16-2002, 05:28 PM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img], Lashe Look at me, varooooom,P, varoooom,O varoooom,L, varoooom,A, varoooom,R, varoooom,I, varoooom,S, varoooom.
Sorry to disapoint Spacollie, but hey I can pull you out of the mudholes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: wake my raptor!