Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Best ATV to buy for under $4,500

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 03:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, for 4500, you could go many ways. How old/big are ya? I just bought a new Blaster to keep my raptor company for 2880 OTD. if a 200cc is good for you, they body change is coming up, and dealers want to be rid of the old style. BUT< they are darned good rigs! been made for 13 years now, and i am impressed at how snappy they are!
if the going gets tough, however, I'd want the extra sophistication of the raptor's engine and suspension under me. kinda long winded, eh? can ya tell i know Bluerulez?
actually,,if ya really want to score, see if you can talk him out of that "pink barbie jeep" ever heard anyone admit to getting beaten by one? hehe have fun ;p

Old 08-12-2002, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

Where ya been Raptor8? Did they finally open up the trails for you? I guess the environuts are right. Wildfires are a much better way to manage our forests than logging! And my Pink Barbie Jeep is a hot setup. I'm running dual 12 volt batteries in it now. Been looking at getting rid of those plastic tires, they just don't hook up like I'd like. I think I need a set of razr's for it. I have to share it with my 6 year old daughter, so I don't get to ride it as much anymore....My youngest son had his 3 year bday on saturday. Bought him a little 12 volt quad. Took him about 10 minutes to figure out that if you run it in reverse then slam it into forward while turning it hard, the back end will slide around!

Anyway, BigChris, you may not need to break out that lawnmower. $4500 and you a little looking, you should be able to find an 01 raptor.

Good luck

Old 08-12-2002, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

$4,500 can get you a nice machine if your patient and look in the classifieds.

Old 08-12-2002, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

My buddy bought a used 2000 400ex for 3900 last year, it has been a great machine, but he does want something a bit faster now. But for overall it has been bullet proof. All he has done is change the oil, it also came with two sets of sand tires and wheels for the rear and one set for the front.

He got a great deal. It was also piped and a few other things done to it.

If you look around, you can and will find a great quad for that price. I have seen some raptors that look nice sell in that price range.

My buddy was really debating what kind of quad to get. He was not sure if he wanted a sport or a 4x4. I kind of talked him into the sport quad and he has not been disapointed. He loves it.

Hope that helps some
Bat

Old 08-12-2002, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

The Wolvy sounds like a machine that would fit your needs. And with a little searching you could find one in mint condition for under $4,500.00.
Theres also a ton of aftermarket for that machine. Good luck with your search.

P.S. $4,500.00 can purchase alot of nice used machines so take your time and don't jump on the first thing you see.

Old 08-12-2002, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

Ya I'm gonna be keeping my eyes open for a good used quad