Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2001 YAMAHA BREEZE HARD STARTING

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 03:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ever since I purchased this quad over a year ago its been hard starting. This last week my family went to the beach and yesterday when we started to pack the quads the breeze would not start at all now. I have checked the spark and fuel and its all there. Any suggestions for me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 08-12-2002, 03:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well, after thinking about it, I have never adjusted the valves on this thing and tore it all apart and adjusted them, they were on the tight side. The damn thing fires up everytime now. I wonder if Yamaha adjusted them to tight in the beginning because this was all ways hard starting since day one. Now it starts on the first turn of the engine.

Thanks anyways, I was pulling my hair out trying to figure this out for awhile now and then it just dies on me so I had to do something before we go out on our next trip.

Old 08-12-2002, 08:56 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My sons did the same thing this weekend and i had to pull him a mile to the truck and call the dealer for the valve specs.It was as I thought a tight intake.How do you like your Breeze?We love ours it will keep up with my 4x4 and go most of the places that other 2x4 s cant.WE ride stripper pits and trails and most folks are blown away when they see how and where my son takes this thing.The only bad thing is the brakes and they have been replace after 6 months and now a valve adjustment.Not bad for a years worth of rideing.

Old 08-12-2002, 09:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Wow, I love this thing, its constantly running because I have a little one that loves to ride it when we go any where, I just make a track and put him on it and away he goes. My older son rides it in the dunes with me and he really puts the throttle on it and actually keeps up with the group. Besides frequent oil changes the valve adjustment was the only thing that I have done. And yes mine was the intake but loosened up the exhaust just to be safe but I may have to go back into it because the exhuast side is too loose. I love that quad, I can bet that it has 5 times more miles than my 2001 warrior and 2002 Raptor because its never hardly turned off during the day when we go ride. Its like a timex, takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin', At first I was being skepticle about the automatic tranny but as I started looking into the breeze I found out that those trannys are real good. When I was at the dunes they have places on the beach to rent them and the most quads they had for rent were the Breeze's.

Nice talking to you, take care.

Old 08-13-2002, 09:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Does anyone make comfortable shocks for the Breeze? My kid gets beat up on that thing if it gets too rough.

Old 07-31-2016, 06:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

My 2002 Breeze was near impossible to start... until I found this thread. The intake had tightened down to nothing and the exhaust was a little loose. Now it starts up like a champ thanks to a 14 year old thread. Should be the same for a Grizzly 125.