Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Your Best / Worst / Most Memorable day riding?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2002, 02:00 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best:
The first time I stabbed the throttle on my Rap & the front end stood straight up. Ya baby!

Most Memorable:
My first day at Glamis. Its unlike anything else you ever seen. Anyone whose been there knows what Im talking about. That weekend had good weather, Great riding, and left me with more memories than any where I have ridden before in my 26 years.

The girls, the sand, the views when your on top of the highest dune your bike will take you and all you can see is sand, more sand, and more sand. Imagine Comp Hill at night with hundres of Raps, Ds's, Shees, R's, EX's racing up & down and all you can see are the headlights of oncoming bikes.
Makes me smile every time.

Worst:
About 5 years ago when I crashed on a utility quad with my wife on the back. Concussion, broke tooth, fractured sternum?(still hurts today) but most painful, bruised ego.

Let me hear it.

Old 08-17-2002, 03:02 PM
Range Rover

Best, First time I rode a Banshee, It felt like the handlebars were going to be ripped from my fingers.

Worst, Hitting a tree with my Banshee and bending the axle, carrier, swingarm, and my pride.

Most memorable, Jumping comp hill at the sand dunes in silver lake Michigan.

Old 08-18-2002, 02:21 AM
Elite Pro Rider

worst- the ramp slipped as i was backing off the truck. Now that hurt.

best- sliding broadside at 60 mph towards a tree and not hitting it.

Manriding at kermit with the boys.

Old 08-18-2002, 03:21 AM
Pro Rider

Worst,
I was riding alone at a new place (STUPID I KNOW) No helmet (NEVER SINCE, THAT WAS SUPER STUPID) They were building a new highway near my house & I went to check it out. It started getting dark & I was 10 miles from my truck. I was buzzing along having a great time & missed a turn off, Almost too late I relize my mistake (stock 250R headlights SUCK!!!) I'm cruising in 5th gear & relise I'm heading for a bridge that hasn't been built yet (30 feet straight down to rail road tracks)!!!! I slam on the brakes & throw it sideways, I breath a sigh of relief when I figure I'm gonna stop in time, Then the front end hits a rock or a hole (still going over 20 mph) & throws me over the bars on to a big pile of large rocks. I land hard on my right side, breath knocked out of me , scraped up & bleeding. Then the quad slams down on me!!! I'm hurt pretty bad. I kick the quad off me & it lands on it's tires. I've got 2 cracked ribs, a sprained ankle, sprained knee, sore back & a dislocated sholder. I'm also still 4 miles of rough riding away from my truck & it's pitch dark. It takes me about 15 min to drag my A$$ off the ground. I have to kick start a flooded high compression 250R. I now have to ride 4 miles back to my truck & I felt every pebble I hit!! I was in serious pain. I finally make it back to my truck & had to load my quad (I never carried ramps since it was so easy to load). It takes 45 min to load the beast.This was the first day of a 3 week vacation & I was laid up the whole time.
I was stupid
It hurt bad
& it sucked!! Worst ride ever!!

Best day was much better!
The first time I took my quad to Little Sahara.
It was an off weekend in March, temps in the 60's. Beutiful riding weather. The dunes were big the sand was powdery & smooth & I had a blast!!! It was also the first time that I got to use all the power that my Raptor had to offer, What a rush it was zooming up the dunes, ripping & roosting along the rims of dunes!!
I went to the top of Buttercup to watch the sunset & took the pic that Sparks racing put on their web site.
We rode in the moonlight till 5 AM & it was cold but the adrenilan was flowing & I didn't even notice the 40 degree temps.

Most memorable.
Hooking up with eRaptoid, Hightower, Bansheewarrior & their road dogs from Indy.
We had a great time, drank a lot of beer & had some good B.S. sessions.
It was during the week & we pretty much had the place to ourselves.
I rode with them for 2 days & we never got to see everything.
eRaptiod killed a century plant when he accedentaly went **** knockin at night. Thank god we weren't in California or the "greenies" would have had him arrested!! LOL!!
Those guys got some big air!! eRaptoid caught some major air on the last day & almost killed himself that time!!
A very memorable trip, I'm looking forward to the next one!

Old 08-18-2002, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

Memorable and Best:Ever convince your other to double for a trail ride?One thing leads to another and......you know.Four wheeling and good nookie make for a good day.

Worst.fouling a plug 6 miles from the house.No I did not have a spare.

Old 08-18-2002, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

best riding was trying to outjump some dirt bikes and 2 stroke quads on my grizzly, and beating them all but 2 bikes, lol. getting good air, and not bending the frame.
the worst was racing a quad on a dirt bike on unfamiliar territory. he took me up a hill,(bout 45 ft tall) and as i was passing, the hill ended, and he went left. i went streight, streight off! i pushed off and rolled in the air, trying to roll off the landing. well, i landed on alot of rocks, and hit head first. head bleeding, cuncussion, 2 broken bones in foot, and 1 broken leg. bike was scrapped. my brother told me i got up and climbed back on the bike, and tried to ride it, lol. i remember none of it. i dont race on tracks i dont know anymore. i guess stupid is as stupid does, lol!
next worse was planning a 4 day trip for months, with friends. finally, we make it and unload the quads. made it about 1 mile before the one quads rear end just fell off it, lol. cheered the rear bolts off. took the hole day to fix it, and that was really bad!!! put a damper on the trip for sure.

my pictures