Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 02:36 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cant wait to be a Trailblazer!

Old 08-25-2002, 02:39 AM
Pro Rider

Every month is like x-mas for me. I just keep buying till my wife starts to flip out. Then I take it easy for a month, then....hohoho! lol.

Anyway, I'd be interested in your jetting specs MrMonk. I was dead on with my DMC exhaust, so I will probably be pretty close when I bolt up the yosh system. Although, I think I'm gonna throw the dial-a-jet back on. The guy who put mine on the dyno to jet it didn't want anything to do with the system. When I did it, I had just gone down from the recommended jet sizes by 3, and it ran just as good as when I got it back from the guy with the dyno. Anyway, it works pretty cool, cause you figure you are way lean without the system on there. So it really helps even out any irregularities in the power band. Once I bolt everthing up again, I'll let you know how it goes. Man, waiting for UPS to deliver the new pipe really sucks. I haven't ridden in over a week, and I'm starting to get kinda pissy around the house (according to my wife).

Old 08-25-2002, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider

I'll let you know what jets are in when I find out. I know they are way bigger than yosh suggested. Somewhere around 165 170 or 170 175. As far as the no airbox lid goes, lets say this. I have been mudding, splashing and all kinds of crap with the lid off. Does water splash sometimes, yeah, you bet, but it doesn's sit there and get sucked up. The outerwear really does an awesome job. From my experience as long as you are not sitting in water with your airbox submersed (duh) and you make sure you drain your airbox everyonce in a while on the trail if you are riding through crap, then you will be fine. Hell, I have more problems when I wash my quad then when I ride it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2002, 07:46 PM
Trailblazer

Question for Greg v,on your pictures you show the air-fuel mixture screw 3 turns out. Is that for both of the carbs? Do you still feel the same way about this? That is before your 686 mod. Thanks

Old 08-25-2002, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

Yes hoeryder, for most set ups that will work. It is a good starting point. Trinity has recommended a difference of 1/4 turn between the right and the left carb, the right being larger.

But when starting off with a new pipe, 3 is a good place to start. Check your plug and go from there.

Good Luck. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]