Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I want a web page/site??

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2002, 12:24 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to start a web page/site to post updates, pics and what ever. How hard is it to do and what does it cost per month etc. Thanks for the help.

Old 08-27-2002, 12:28 AM
Range Rover

If you just doing updates and pics you can just goto yahoo or angelfire and get free web space and there pretty easy to use. I definatly wouldn't go an buy web space when so many websites such as yahoo offers simple space for free. Hope I helped??? lol

Old 08-27-2002, 12:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i DO NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT WEB SITES. bUT I WANT ONE THAT IS EASY TO GET TO, no pop ups and you do not have to sign up or in. Thanks

Old 08-27-2002, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

14mins--

I would love to help you make a site. I am no web design master, but Im alright. I can do alot of stuff with Microsoft FrontPage and whatnot. I have created about 4 pages with the angelfire service and it is by far the best. They used to gove away 50mb of free space, but now its down to 20mb. But for your average .jpg pic, you can get alot of them on there. I would really enjoy helping you do this if no one else wants to. I can create the page graphics and .gif images and stuff. The worst thing about all this is I do not have cable connection anymore (due to server virus). So I wouldnt be able to upload large video files or music files.

Old 08-27-2002, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

Check out my site by clicking the link in my sig.

I'm on anglefire now (it's my 3rd diffrent site) It's a free site, Geocities was down more often than not & Talk cities went under I think.

So far angel fire seems to be a good site. Very few popups if you choose the banner.

My first site took a while to build but the last one took about 5 hours so far. The thing that takes the longest is uploading pics using dial up. Now I am on no way a computer wizz! I know nothing about HTML code or any of that stuff but I still built a nice site IMO. I'm looking to get a copy of frontpage (a web site builder) to make my site look more professional & be able to do more, but every thing on my site I built using the free tools in the site.

With what I've got on my site right now I'm only using less than 1/2 of my free space. I have 11 pic pages with 7 pics per page + the home page. I may upgrade to the pay site at $4.95 a month. I get 5mb more space (I have 20mb on the free site) & 5GB bandwith (I have 1GB now)

My problem is my site is too popular!!! I get too many hits for my allowed bandwith & it shuts sown for a while, usually for an hour then starts back up.
I'm gonna wait & see how their service is before I start paying for it.

Look around my site & sign my guest book & let me know what you think.
I'd be glad to give you some help.

Old 08-27-2002, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

Ask Buttfungus for help. He's a computer wiz, that's what he does for a living. He offered to make me a web site and said it would be easy for him to do so.

Old 08-27-2002, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

Nice site Moose by just using their tools. I always hated using them, and I always had to be online to use them. When u get front page, you might want to think about making some thumbnails for those pics u got on there. I guess guys with cable dont need to worry about it, but us dinosaurs still running dial-up need thumbnails. BTW NICE raptor.

NICK

Old 08-27-2002, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks!!
Yea thumbnails would be nice for us dial up guys!!

Old 08-27-2002, 02:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Thanks for the help guys.

87banshee- I might take you up on that offer!

Old 08-27-2002, 03:12 AM
Pro Rider

There are several ways in which to get a cheap host that doesn't trottle the bandwidth. I have Three sites all on the same provider. If you want to do it on the cheap but good let me know. I also could help set up the pages and ave you running with your own domain name in a couple of hours.

All I ask is you let me beat you at FSW.LOL

Smitty