Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I lengthened my swingarm...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 07:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blue Leader, definatly let us know if your friend is intrested in doing them, I also have one that I want lengthened if he wants to do so

Old 09-05-2002, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

Contact info:
BULLET Fabrication & Racing Electronics
1915 W. Artesia, Gardena CA 90247
(310) 327-3777 Ask for Mike

If you don't need your swingarm sent back to you right away he will wait until he has a bunch to do all at once and he will cut everyone a deal. I am sure it would be less than $200 and less for volume.

swingarm pix

Old 09-05-2002, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

D@mn that's cheap! I had a 6" extension put in mine and it cost me $250.00 (Included polishing). The block of aluminun for my extension alone was $97.00. This guy is giving you killer deals.

Old 09-05-2002, 08:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Blueleader,

Did you have to get new brake lines etc for your setup? Thats a great deal. The welds look very good and everything looks strait and square. He did a good job.

Old 09-05-2002, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

I loosend the break line at the resevoir and rotated the fitting and it fits fine. I went to sandtoyz unlimited to get a new chain and they had a HUGE roll of stainless break line and they are 1/2 the price of everything else I have seen. I will probably end up getting stainless front and back.

2 of my friends are sending their swingarms to me to bring over to BULLET. One is getting a +2 and the other is going +4. Call Mike so the volume goes up and the price goes down!!

I am not sure how long he will be interested in doing the swingarms. I will take some spy photos of his dragsters and post. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-05-2002, 10:18 PM
Range Rover

BlueLeader,

Awesome deal and the quality looks good too. Count me in for a +2 extension. There should be some kind a reward for great ideas like this from enthusiests like BlueLeader that pass on the savings and opportunities, don't you think?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-05-2002, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

Hy BlueLeader.............Did you get everything back together yet?? What do you think??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-05-2002, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, question about the swingarms. What do the aftermarket Round housings do that the stock swingarm doesn't have? Also, will these extensions be strong enough for MX?

Old 09-06-2002, 07:53 AM
Trailblazer

Round house bearing swingarms/carriers are stronger, have more chain adjustability in them, are height adjustable (due to the cam action of the carrier) and just look damn good.
3 Raptor Swingarms have **** themselves (cracked) at my track. I got mine welded and a 2" extension, but it just added to the forces involved and cracked again, so I now have a LSR BAJA +1 round house and have been trouble free. I just uncrated my 03 LE. hehe. A weeks work stripping the goodies off the 01 and prepping it for sale.
Tip, put 2 roller bearings on each side of the swingarm (front), the one that the swingarm bolt goes through) to spread the loadings, and toss that fibre sleeve thats in there. Andrew.

Old 09-06-2002, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for getting back to me. So it looks like for trail riding, an extension is great, but for MX spend the $$ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Oh well, almost had a cheap mod.

Quick Reply: I lengthened my swingarm...