Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Need info on a wolverine!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2002, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spent a few weeks on that one. Really weird thing is though some times it would make it rev like crazey in the middle of the put put putering. Like put put put put waahhhhhhhhHHHHH. Almost got me hurt a few times cause it was ignoring the throttle. It would always do it about the time i wanted to park [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Almost made me wheelie into the side of my dads truck. I think it was from flooding the carb with all the throttle play and then the ebrake would go away for a sec or something. Ohwell, i used tie wire and firmly attached the parking brake to the handle bar mount so it will never move again.

Old 09-21-2002, 08:22 AM
Pro Rider

Go ahead and remove all that brake crap on all the the Wolverine's. It is nothing but trouble from the get go. I adjusted the brake several times also had a atv mechanic adjust it and really never was anything but a headache.
I bought a brake block off and elimanated all the stuff

Old 09-21-2002, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah thats common on the Wolverine. Just unplug the e-brake connector. Follow it down, its just under the steering column.

Old 09-22-2002, 11:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well, I was wrong! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I disconnected the E-brake switch the other day and I still had problems today. Now I think it's carburetor problems. My Wolv ran good for most of the day, but when I tried to go wide open, it would sputter and die like it was running out of gas. It did this a half dozen times and all I had to do is pull over, shift to neutral and let it clear itself up and start off again. But as soon as I went over 75% throttle, boggggg! sputter! Blah!

So back to the Yamaha dealer my Wolv goes.

Mike

Old 09-23-2002, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

Thats too bad, sorry to hear that.

Old 09-23-2002, 10:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

WolverineX

A spider in my carb?

That's right, thats what I found in my 03 Wolf after I pulled the bottom bowl off and looked to see if my main jet was still in place.
I found a very small spider, abouth the size of a pencil eraser and thats what was causing my wolf to run like yours is running wolverineX. After removing the aracnar from my bowl it's running like it should. It only takes a phillips & five minutes to pull off your bottom bowl on your carb. Check it out before you bring it in.
Or, your main jet may have come loose, sounds like the same thing.
Good luck Wolf-X.

I think I might change my name from "scoobysnacks" to ......

"ARACNA-WOLF" what do you guys think...

Old 09-23-2002, 10:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

Maybe they have a spider icon I can get instead of a bag over my head. Or a big nasty looking taranchula wearing 4 pairs of goggels and a bunch of Alpinstar Tech 8 boots. That would be cool...
Or maybe , S#@T I better get back to work of I will have lots of time to ride because I won't have a job!!! Later...

Old 09-27-2002, 06:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

I HAVE A 2001 WOLVERINE AND MY HUSBAND A 1999 WE BOTH HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AT FIRST BUT BOTH WERE THE E BRAKES HE DISCONNECTED HIS I STILL FIDDLE WITH MINE HOPE YOURS IS ALRIGHT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-06-2002, 10:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well, I got my Wolvy fixed last week. It appears that there was something floating in the bowl and it was plugging my main jet! How bizzar is that! It wasn't a spider like in Scoobysnacks machine, but it appears we had the same problem...a plugged main on a new 03 machine.

100 miles of riding this weekend and it was great! No carb problems at all. Darn Polaris 500 Sportsmans are just slightly faster than me...maybe 2-3mph on top end. Can't have that! Going to have to jet and open up the exhaust soon..

Mike [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]