Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Lid or not to Lid

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2002 | 03:39 PM
|
Pro Rider

So what do you guy's think does the Rap. run better without the lid, or does removing the lid create more "turbulance" I've heard both ways whatta' you think????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 09-06-2002 | 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

I think lid with holes. With the snorkel removed, and then no lid, lid, and lid with a couple 1 3/4" holes, I couldn't tell much difference. I liked it the best with the 2 holes. Granted, besides breathing better, my raps bone stock. Some of you with motor mods will have totally different intake requirements than me.

Old 09-08-2002 | 08:16 PM
|
Pro Rider

Top!

Old 09-08-2002 | 09:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

With my current mods. I can feel a better power difference with the lid off. To me. It pulls harder with no lid. JMO

Old 09-08-2002 | 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

DUDE ~ it is soooo funny that we're thinking the same darn thing!!

I have already decided that without the lid is the way to go!! Now I am shopping for a better filtration system.

MY GOD MAN at the power without the lid! I can't believe the difference once you get it jetted for it!! I need a better system, then I am set. Any suggestions???

Old 09-08-2002 | 10:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Toid, Not sure of your setup. The Pro Design is the way to go. Even the GYTR setup. With your mods you might even consider carb mount filters. there are some here who have that setup. Don't forget your outerwear. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2002 | 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

mine is topless.....

I have the pro-flow with the screen(K&N flitler) on top of the airbox. It work pretty good.

Old 09-09-2002 | 10:57 AM
Pro Rider

I want to be topless too!! It's time to get the extra out of it and let this cam breath like it's supposed to.

Okay, I KNOW now that I want to go with the Pro Flow set up, but now I need to know what is the best filter to apply to it?!? One of the most "respectful" guys on this here forum advised me of the Pro Design filters.... are they the way to go? Over the K&N's?

"TOID"

Old 09-09-2002 | 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

RR, I think, "to not lid" is the answer!! If you have not pulled the lid and gave it a try yet, you MUST. I've not found any inconsistencies anywhere in it (turbulence), BUT I can sure feel the added power increase by pulling the lid with this cam! Before the cam when I pulled the lid, there wasn't any noticable difference to me. But with the cam, I can tell a big diff by pulling the lid and jetting!

If I can do one thing to get more power - I'm all for it!! I believe it was GaryC660r that tried to tell me that earlier. But at the time could not afford the upgrade on the filtration system (thanks to the tranny nightmare). Now it's time!

Old 09-09-2002 | 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

OKAY ~ it's a done deal! I just ordered the Pro Flow intake with the Pro Design filter and the outerwears!! It will be here Wednesday (so they said)!

Bring on MORE POWER!!!