Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor pipes, which one? Hurry, I want to order tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2002, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aren't Alien, CT, Trinity, Alba, and Sparks all full systems? I am asking for a slip-on. Does LRD make a slip-on? SO far White R4 is winning.

Old 09-10-2002, 01:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

SAve your money and modify your endcap. I'm sure the Raptor is like the DS, Modified endcaps work every bit as good as slip-ons.

Just find you someone to open up your stock exhaust, the you can spend the $200 bucks you just saved for something else(like tranny parts)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter.

Old 09-10-2002, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

Hmm, sorry kyle, but I decided not to cheap my way out of this quad. Besides, the Raptor doesn't have an endcap. The end is welded on, and will need to be cut off. When I do get my new pipe, I will have some extra time left over, while you are tuning, and modding to try to catch up to me, so I will probably experiment with the stock pipe.

P.S: The 2002's don't have tranny problems.

Old 09-10-2002, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

I would say lrd i see them on most 4 strokes during races around here along with suppertrapp...........

Old 09-10-2002, 05:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I thought I would toss this in. I have a FMF PCIV and DO NOT like it. It added bottom but NONE on top, it actualy might have taken away some of the top end.

How about the IDS 2. I just put one on a Wolverine and it help a butt load. It out did the DG I had on my old warrior by a long shot. It is fairly quiet, tuneable, I like the way it looks, and the price is great as well.

I like the GYT-R out of the list you have going. The carbon fiber can is FINE.

Old 09-10-2002, 05:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ha ha! If I were trying to catch up to you, I would be going backwards!LOL! good luck, with the Rappy!

Just trying to give you another option.

Biggerisbetter.

P.S. I don't think haveing a Modified endcap as "cheaping out". I will put my "modified endcap" agianst any slip-on.

Old 09-10-2002, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

so ya know WARD, thats why i GOT the pc4....woods riding on XCTs needs a lot of low and mid. for sand, i just put those cheeesy little stock rears back on and let em spin,.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2002, 06:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Your right, for woods riding or MAYBE mx it might be a good pipe. I was looking for more top end because I thought that I had enough bottom. I was just trying to say that I didn't like it because all it had was on the bottom.

While on the subject will a pipe that gives you low end cancle out a cam meant for top end?

Old 09-10-2002, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider

yeah i can certainly see where youd need top end where you ride.
as for the cam, etc, ya might ask THEMOOSE he plays with drag racing a lot and maybe he can help you.

Old 09-10-2002, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider

<< I thought I would toss this in. I have a FMF PCIV and DO NOT like it. It added bottom but NONE on top, it actualy might have taken away some of the top end.

How about the IDS 2. I just put one on a Wolverine and it help a butt load. It out did the DG I had on my old warrior by a long shot. It is fairly quiet, tuneable, I like the way it looks, and the price is great as well.

I like the GYT-R out of the list you have going. The carbon fiber can is FINE.
>>

I have to disagree on this one. I also have the PCIV and I &quot;think&quot; it gives an all around gain myself. I don't really think anyone is going to see a low-end or top-end slip-on, as long as it is of the straight through design. I say as long as it is a straight through design because there could be a difference with the adj of discs on other slip-on (E-series etc.).

Just some things to think about.
Head pipe design is where you are going to really see some top-end or bottom-end differences. Primary tube diameter, bends and where the mid-pipe begins all make significant differences. The diameter of the mid-pipe, bend and cannister lengths will also make significant changes as well. All of these small changes make an even bigger difference when you add internal motor work too.

I personally am going to try the Trinity full exhaust next, as you really can't go wrong with a 30 day money back guarentee. If you don't like it, send it back for a full refund, that simple!

I would also like to try the Duncan system, but &quot;I think&quot; they priced themselves right out of the game. The average Joe is not going to spend $600+ on a full system and why should they for that matter. The only way I can see spending more then $500 on a system is if someone is making a custom system for you. $600.- for a mass produced system is just making someones wallet fat!!-(IMO)
Even $500 is expensive for that matter!! It's an ATV not a Performance sports car!!

Quick Reply: Raptor pipes, which one? Hurry, I want to order tomorrow!