Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor pipes, which one? Hurry, I want to order tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2002, 06:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't think about the slip-on not changing where the power is felt. I have the full system so you can probably disregared what I said about it earlier.

Swy are you still looking for dimensions of the head pipes?

Old 09-10-2002, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

Well the CT is a whole kit so it shouldn't be considered here. And unlike a couple of the guys who responded, mine has left me very satisfied.

The GYT-R in combination with a pro-design flange, filter, no lid, and jetting, is a huge increase. But it is very loud.

If you have a concern over noise, I would look at the Yosh. It has major results with very low noise.

Remember that in order to get results with a slip on, you will need the flange, filter, no lid, and jetting. If all you change is the slip on, you won't feel much.

RM

Old 09-10-2002, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

<< Remember that in order to get results with a slip on, you will need the flange, filter, no lid, and jetting. If all you change is the slip on, you won't feel much.

RM
>>

Again, I have to disagree..sorry.

When I first got my rap and it was stock (a long time ago since it's been stock), I installed the FMF PCIV slip-on and just pulled off the snorkle and rejetted. IMO-I found what felt to be alot of added power and throttle response. Over stock, it was a big difference! I was regularly beating my buddy (by several bike lengths) who's was completely stock and was 40lbs lighter then me.

Old 09-10-2002, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

hey SWY, i am in a similar situation... it seemd too easy... possibly altitude? we're at 4000. and often ride higher [in alt] but i had to change front sprocket by 1 when i went to the tall XCT tires. volcanic rocks gave me 2 flats in 1 day here, so the radials are in the garage for those dune runs.....
son has full yoshi system on his and it has a bark that the pc4 doesnt. several folks have mentioned it.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2002, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

oh yeah,,, and BlueRulez put the full alien system on his and got a huge fine in california!!!! too loud. had to buy sumthin else.. was pretty pissed about that![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2002, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

swytak,

So you don't really 'disagree'.

My point is that you need to do more than just put the slip-on on the bike. You also need to open up the intake passage as well.

I think you will find even more power if you take the lid off (hence the need for the flange, as the lid holds the stock filter in place), and jet it up.

JMHO,

RM

Old 09-11-2002, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

<< swytak,

So you don't really 'disagree'.

My point is that you need to do more than just put the slip-on on the bike. You also need to open up the intake passage as well.

I think you will find even more power if you take the lid off (hence the need for the flange, as the lid holds the stock filter in place), and jet it up.

JMHO,

RM
>>

Actually, the reason I don't tell people to take the lid off of the stock box, even with the PRo-flow (PF), is 1) it still has a good chance of sucking in contaminents, unless you take extra precautions, outside of just bolting it on and running it. And 2) Getting the stock carbs dialed in perfect with an open stock box is next to impossible! Yea, I know, alot of you that are running this set-up will say &quot;mine is great&quot;, &quot;no problems here&quot;, but I have been down that road and know for myself that getting the stock carbs spot on with the open (no lid) stock aorbox is very very hard to do!
IMO, if your going to run the stock box with no lid and PF system, you might as well use clamp-on filters (it's alot safer)!
Alternative? Go with one of the nice aluminum boxes that have &quot;somewhat&quot; been designed to help with cutting down the turbulance. It offers a &quot;little&quot; protection from water (more then clamp-ons) and is ALOT better (safer) then using the open stock box and PF syst.
Clamp-ons are by far the best way to go, if you want to get all the air possible to the motor!

Old 09-11-2002, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider

AdamsBadDS650

Of the LRD pipe they don't have the slip on. For the total price for the price of the pipe is 434.00 with chrome or ceramic. I would go for this set up and you won't be disapointed at all.

But you will be happy what you buy the pipe that you want. Good luck......

Old 09-11-2002, 02:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Swy is right about the open air box jetting. I tried to get mine right for about 8 months, then I got clamp-ons. These are the way to go, for me.

Old 09-21-2002, 02:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yoshi, Trinity, Gytr, and Sparks.

what are the pros and cons of these 4 pipes??? i dont know tons and i was wqoudnering which one of these will give out the most hp, will it add top end or low end? and how loud???

Quick Reply: Raptor pipes, which one? Hurry, I want to order tomorrow!