Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Just got back from Glamis !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well just got back from Glamis and conditions are PERFECT!! It was a little warm but with the light breeze otherwise great duning. Fresh sand, new razorbacks,the works. Duned over to China wall and of course OLDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Much to some peoples disapointment, I'm sure, there was ZERO sightings of 2' whoops, hell, I'd call these whoops currently the same size of speedbumps you see at the local mall. Once again the shout out for a trip this month 27-29,Blueleader and possibly the Roostqueen herself [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] anyone else ???????

Old 09-16-2002, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

LOL, King I have been, and I have seen and I am not worthy of the "Project" you currently are having "Built". My 686 did run great ,no overheating in the 105+ degree heat,ran strong ,pulled hard and beat a supposedly "370 long rod" be that at what it is. Glamis store was suprisingly open [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] and better yet stayed open past the closing when I arrived @ 4:05PM and if that wasnt enough thanked me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] !!!!!

As far as the people went didnt really see many. 5-6 long travel buugies @ olds sun morn,1 banshee, 2-3 other misc bikes passing on sand highway. My guess is no gecko drags till next month but if you have A/C you can't beat it right now. The sand is a little hard to read when sun is overhead as there are no tracks or shadows to help guide you but then again A man with a monster bike like yours doesnt dune does he ?? I thought you only dragged [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Michael

Old 09-16-2002, 08:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

there are almost never whoops at the begining of the season we make then and mother nature heals while were gone.

Old 09-19-2002, 01:13 AM
Trailblazer

i was there saturday nite/sunday morning... me and a friend went for a nite trip. it was a ghost town from 10pm-4am that we were there. PERFECT riding weather, shirts off at 2am hauling butt thru the dunes.. I wouldnt have wanted to be there during the day though!

we never made it to olds but at comp there was a few trucks and a banshee.. my banshee and my friends banshee and that was about it.

i know what you say about the dunes being a little misleading with the sun directly over head.. it was real bad at night.

mike