Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Because of these forums we wear Helmets..

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Because of these forums we wear Helmets..

then not riding for the rest of the weekend

Old 10-19-2002, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

The only time I ride without now is in the back yard just putting around, mostly doing work. Its well worth the extra half minute to do it.

Old 10-19-2002, 11:57 AM
Trailblazer

I used to race mountain bikes, and then I later got into Dirtbikes and now Quads. I didn't were a helmet on my mountain bike unless I was racing (they wouldn't let you race without it), until one day when some friends and I were going out to ride for fun, and I crashed about 2 blocks from my house, after I got out of the hospital I went straight to the bike shop and got a helmet (I picked the one that was comfortable on top of my stitches, ha ha). I have never ridden a bike (dirt, quad, cruiser, street, or mountain) without a helmet since, and that was ten years ago.

Old 10-20-2002, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider

Helmates save lives, Ive seen 3 wrecks that helmates saved people in, I was riding behind my bud on my warrior down a paved backroad, he was on a real fast modded shee and a dog ran rite out in front of him, he locked it up and slid it sideways in the road threw him off over the bars and the bike went down into a ditch, he walked away with sum road rash,cuts and bruises. Same guy was doubling up a subdivison road on the same bike with another person on tha back he had it in 4th and had the front in the air and when the corner came on real quick they didnt make it the bike hit a bank at an angle, rolled it over threw them out in front of it one on top of the other and the bike ran over both of them rolled again and landed and all four. i was standin at his house and it was dark i seen the lights go by and heard it screamin, then after the driveway i lost sight of them and all of the sudden it was like the bike dissapeared cause it got all quiet. i took off runnin and here 1 came on the bike, it bent the steering stem and handlebars and screwed the platsic and plastic mounts up bad. they almost left without them, i was made them put them on. i would hate to see what woulda happened without them. Final time was, same guy on a new z400 me and him was racin and he went off the side of our track hit a pile of dirt, threw him over the bars and his head hit the ground first knocked him out but he was ok thank god.

---------------------------------
88 Warrior
DG Alloy Nerfs
Pro Curciut T-4
Jetted
K&N Filtet
Fresh Rebuild
Plastic Redone
Duro Desert Rear Tires
Friggid up Trans(New Bottom End On The Way)

99 Blaster
FMF Gold Series Fatty
Power Core II Silencer

Recent Additon For 4 g's, and its not even runnin.

90 LT500(Project)
Motor Blown-(Rebuilding)
Frame-(Fresh PowderCoat)
Renthal Bars
Renthal Sprockets
Lonestar +2 Swingarm
Maxis Razr's on-
Douglas Alum. Rims
K&N Filter
FMF Gold Series Fatty
Power Core II Silencer
Ported