Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blaster trenga breaks oweners opinion please

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, it was not the ladder. Eric called me and explained his concern about my comments and I understand what he was saying. I was making comments against his company without ever contacting them for help with a product. Like you said "Not Cool". I have since seen his point of view and have changed my thoughts.

I did see the new blasters brake design and spoke to Eric about it. If you purchase a new blaster and it has these brakes then great, you got the new system. But if you wish to upgrade your old blaster to them you're going to pay almost $800 for the fronts. That's unbelievelbly high seeing that Eric can sell you a very nice hydro front set for $495. I have seen these brakes in person and they look ver good. I have never ridden a bike with them though. I think I'll stick to Trenga. Eric is very dedicated to his work and his business. He wants happy customers, who wouldn't.

And people like me who just go off the handle on a company, owner or their product are not using much thought. I admit I did it and I was wrong. I removed the messages and posted an apologetic reply.

Old 06-17-2002, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

After speaking to Eric and him sending me a memo he had on the brakes I have an awesome set of brakes. I'm not busting on anyone here, but just like me I bet your problem is either air in the lines/MC/caliper or that the adjustment rod/helm joint/brake lever are just not adjusted correctly. After reading the memo and following the suggestions I have a full pedal and my brakes work beter than I ever expected. Below is what I had to do to get mine working. So for everyone who has these brakes and either hasn't given Eric a chance or hasn't called him at all, you have no right saying much of anything against Trenga.

First I completely removed the connecting rod and the help joint. I then made sure the MC was full. I installed the helm joint in the top hole the screwed the connecting rod completely into it. They connected my brake lever's barrell joint and had to almost tighten the screws to the end of the threads on the rod. I have great brakes and a full pedal now. Thanks to Eric for the info and a great product.

Old 06-17-2002, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

From what, Raptor660RNH about updating the brakes from the new blaster is true but would cost a large amount of money do complete the front and back... probably well over 1200 dollars all together. so pretty much if you blaster is worth a diecent amount it would be better to get a new whole quad like i am going to be doing most likley.

Old 06-18-2002, 10:37 AM
Trailblazer

I dunno why he was so rude to me but it sounds like the rest of you had better luck. I have no problem with their other products but as far as the third generation brake kit goes it is garbadge. He was rude with me on the phone and when I offered to drive all the way to his place of business to have him install the brakes for me he refused 5 TIMES. That is not customer service. I even took pictures of the brake kit and e mailed them to him so he could help me. He said to me " I don't know what you are doing wrong". Because with Trenga it is always the customer never the brake kit. I spent alot of my time and money on a brake kit that in the end he could not get to work for me. I even took it to a local ATV dealer and they could not get it to work either. I had it sent back to Dayton OH for testing they said it was fine. I put it on my quad and went for some rides and when I got back it was leaking from the top of the MC by the gasket. I believe that the first generation and maybe second were good but that 3rd kit that he sold me was total junk!!!!!

Old 06-18-2002, 10:42 AM
Trailblazer

I also put a small web page up describing my problems with Trenga.
Trenga

Old 06-18-2002, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear that Gyger. I was just like you in thinking it was the brakes that were junk, but I was wrong. The whole time it was me. I just wasn't adjusting the rod between the MC lever and the pedal correctly. They are a very tricky/picky brake system, but when installed and adjusted correctly they work flawlessly. I have hear also taht the gen I and gen II brakes were better, but I don't know. I've only ever seen the gen III's which I own and love now.

As for him "refusing" to let you visit the shop, I think he may have just been trying to save you a 5 hour trip and fix the brakes for you. Eric is a very nice/intelligent person. He wouldn't just say "NO you can't come here" without having a good reason. I did visit him to purchase my brakes since I live so close. (45 minutes) and when I had problems he told me straight out. He gave me a few things to try and said if it didn't work to bring my bike to his shop and he would fix it.

Old 06-21-2002, 12:41 PM
Trailblazer

That's just it I offered 5 times to go out there and at the last resort he still refused to let me drive out. He was insulting and very rude to me and my Dad. My Dad has been in quality control for Automotive production for 30 years and he and I have worked on damn near every thing with wheel and even some with none. And Trenga sat there on the phone telling us that we have no common sense. I understand that you had better luck with them then I and tht's cool. But like I said if a customer offers to drive out and you say no 5 times that is not customer service. I told him I wanted him to put them on and show me that I'm wrong and he still refused. I've been building drag cars with my Dad since I was 14 and I have never run into a company with such poor service just my opinion.

Mike D.

Old 06-24-2002, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

Trenga is not a big company yet. Eric is doing the best he can with what he has to build his business. He is willing to help anyone who is willing to work with him and not badmouth him.