Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Tony Steward(nascar) Owns a raptor

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 05:27 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tony Steward(nascar) Owns a raptor

THEMOOSE,

Wide World of Sports that's it. It was always on Saturday if I remember correctly and yes that skiers neck looked like a chicken with a broken neck flopping around.

In my mind I can just see and hear the announcer at the beginning of the show, but I can't remember his name.

Chet

Old 11-04-2002, 05:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I know this is a little old but.... as you can see I am not a big NASCAR fan. The only reason I ever used to watch it, or go to the few I went to, was because of Dale E. He might not have got it to where it is today but you are crazy if you think that he didn't have a HUGE amount to do with it. I can remember my dad telling me about this dirt driver bla bla bla so we went to Taladega to watch him. I know many other people like myself that couldn't name any names, other than his. So give credit where credit is due. Who's 43 any way?

Old 11-04-2002, 05:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Velocityraptor- You calling me a liar????????????????????????????????????????????

Old 11-04-2002, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

I don't remember the guys name either, but I can remember exactly what they said at the time he was shown
"... and the agony of defeat."
Isn't it funny how something’s stick in your head so vividly.

Old 11-04-2002, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

The Monte Carlo is being redesigned as we speaketh..........It will have a V-8 in it. IT'S ABOUT TIME!!

Right now it is going to be a version of the 4.7L V-8 Vortec truck engine. I can't wait. I will probably trade my 1999 Monte Carlo LS in for one.
This information isn't public knowledge right now so, lets just keep it our secret. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Look for it in 2004 or 2005.

Old 11-04-2002, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

Velocityraptor- You calling me a liar????????????????????????????????????????????
Oh 14min.............It's Velocit-i-raptor not VelocityRaptor that's bustin' on you.

See ya

GregV

Old 11-04-2002, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

As far as Nascar goes.........Dale Sr. was the reason that I started watching the sport. He made it exciting. Yes, he was known for his bumping but that was what made him the Intimidator. When other drivers saw that black #3 lombing in their mirror they either sped up (if they could) or got out of the way. I never did like the blocking, but you have to be aggressive out there or you won't make it in Nascar.

My oppinion of the race when Dale passed on was that I think for a split second there he got caught up in the moment seeing his son Jr. and Michael Waltrip going in for the 1 - 2 win and was distracted. Then when #40 rubbed him it was too late to react. I still can't believe it happened. I saw him hit the wall and I just expected to see a heated argument after the race. not an ambulance.

But as far as spin recovery ................. I give that hands down to Bobby Lebonte!! I have seen him recover out of some of the most incredible spins of anyone racing today. He is an amazing driver with a TON of class.

Dale Jr. also is an AWESOME driver.

Old 11-04-2002, 07:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider

my spelling suxs, but you knew who i was talking about. You did not answer the question.

Chet- picked up a book at atlanta written by and about buddy baker. He has some good stories about the old days. 1 that comes to mind is the big rear winged daytonas. Buddy claimed they would drive themselfs. After driving one of them around for a while said he had to relearn to drive.

Old 11-04-2002, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RAPTORYFM660r
THEMOOSE,

In my mind I can just see and hear the announcer at the beginning of the show, but I can't remember his name.

Chet
I think it was Jim Mackay

Old 11-04-2002, 07:57 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Thanks moose. jim Mackay, I remember that now.

14mins,

They were good all right for that time period. They were so good and I could be off on the year but I believe it was the very next year in 1971 or 1972 they banned or restricted them. Its just been to long.

Chet

Quick Reply: Tony Steward(nascar) Owns a raptor