Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Funny pic of a $350+ speeding ticket!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny pic of a $350+ speeding ticket!

cjones...well said! These guys need to realize that if they want to endanger themselves on a race track that is up to them. But on the streets, they put the lives of the rest of us, our wives and our children at risk. They also turn the public against us (whether its bikes, quads or whatever we ride) and the laws get tougher for all of us.

Old 11-22-2002, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

cjones013,
man, that was touching. i can't emagine what doing that job must do to your piece of mind, as well as your family life. i have seen enough, and been through enough to be way over pertective of my wife and kids. detroit has a way of doing that to a person. i, for one, want to thank you for being there for the family's when there loved ones cant be there anymore. goed be with you, and take it safe, and easy.

as for the guy's going 70 in a 35. 8 times i have laid my motercycle down on pavement. i dont ride street bikes anymore, it just aint worth it. i have been side swiped, cut off, pushed off the roads, and lost control a few times. the list of broken bones is not small, nor is the repercussions a few years down the road. next time you guys strap on the brain cases, remember your actually pertecting something in there, so use it. ride safe, defencive, and smart. my kids are out there in cars with my wife, and i would love to see them make it home EVERY NIGHT.
take care all!!!

Old 11-22-2002, 05:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have pushed a patrol car to speeds even I am uncomfortable with
WHY???? I pretty much agree with you on the rest of what you said but why would you chase somebody at that speed when you aren't comfortable driving your own car that fast. You say to catch him, and thats great, but what about all the people you endanger when you drive that fast. Not to mention that you make the other driver go faster getting less controllable. These people need to stop doing this but I just don't agree with somebody else chasing them down, at the same crazy speeds, to make it happen.

Old 11-22-2002, 05:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

If the police did'nt chase, who would stop? would you? I feel that Blaster2fast would not. I dont put myself in a situation to put other drivers at risk, if traffic is too heavy for me to catch up to the bike, I let him go...his time will come eventually. I know what my car is capable of. If I know my car can take a curve at a certain speed, I will take the curve at that speed. I am fully capable of driving at the speeds I go, but I will never feel comfortable in a full size car travelling 120 mph. Keep in mind this is interstate traffic enforcement that I do...Im not flying through neighborhoods at these speeds. Also, my particular department has a strict pursuit policy, we cannot chase (active pursuit with the bad guy attempting to get away) a vehicle for most traffic offenses. But if Im sitting still and a bike (or car) passes me at 90 mph, I have to travell in excess of 90 to catch up to the driver. Sometimes the driver will pull over when he sees me light him up, but most keep on going, figuring they will make me get directly behind them before they stop. I guess they want to make sure it is them Im after, and pulling over when they see the blue lights (yes, blue...its the south) might be like admitting they were speeding. Thats when I go that fast. As far as me being there making the driver go faster...thats a pursuit, and when I see the driver speed up, I turn off the blues and go back to my hidin spot, plenty of more fish in the sea.
But anyway...thats work, and Im not here to work. I just wanted to let some of you know the other side to the fun of speeding

Old 11-23-2002, 08:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I know this isn't work and if you don't want to go any further with this just don't reply, I understand. These are just my thoughts.
I know what my car is capable of. If I know my car can take a curve at a certain speed, I will take the curve at that speed. I am fully capable of driving at the speeds I go
I am sure the guy you are chasing thinks the same thing.

and when I see the driver speed up, I turn off the blues and go back to my hidin spot
I am glad you said this. It seems like most of the guys around me DON'T do this.

Again these are just my thoughts and yes I always stop, quickly. By stopping soon and being polite, which alot of people my age are not, most officers are a little more forgiving. I have also made some of the same mistakes talked about origanly, before I grew up.

Old 11-23-2002, 01:47 PM
Range Rover

Hahaha that pics my new wallpaper. Sometimes being an extremeist is a bitch but thats the way it is. Why else would you buy a crotch Rocket? To obey the speed limits. Dont get me wrong I stop when I get pulled over (or when I see lights)but when They leave its a whole new ballpark. Then again I can afford to go fast![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-23-2002, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ward660R
I know this isn't work and if you don't want to go any further with this just don't reply, I understand. These are just my thoughts.
I know what my car is capable of. If I know my car can take a curve at a certain speed, I will take the curve at that speed. I am fully capable of driving at the speeds I go
I am sure the guy you are chasing thinks the same thing.
Originally posted by: BartlettRacing
I have pushed a patrol car to speeds even I am uncomfortable with .........oh and you cant kill people because you have them perdy lights huh ?
I'm sure you guys are aware of training programs such as EVOC (Emergency Vehicle Operations Course), you definitely must be... Yeah, you also gotta know that these training programs don't prepare public servants to operate the vehicles that they drive in the manner they do either. Especially for a moderator to make such a smart assed comment!