Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The Blaster RUNS agian...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 03:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Blaster RUNS agian...

After 2 LONG painful years the Blaster is back in the world running. It now has an all new tranny, (gears, syncro), bottom end, (rod, crank), seals, (all around), bored the cylinder 1st size over, did some mild porting, wiseco pro-lite piston, gaskets, clutch, (new boss), removed TORS, (cap and idle kit), shorty brake cable, (rear), new bearings all around, remodled key switch for teather, rewired the ENTIRE harness to put more power to the reualtor and less to the light, (also removed the TORS, set up), and for fun i redid the plastic with plastic renew.

After theses long years, many nice words, and a lot of time later, this machine is ready to go. Jumped on it with my gas mixed at 28:1 for the break in prosses, opend the throttle slowly tried to pull some gas down into the combustion chamber, and gave it one quick kick, it starts up with perfect idle. Let it warm up and shut off, starts right back up, and i putter down the road... But oh no, i hear clanking noices when i put stress on the tranny... Hmmm, turns out some time allong the line the lower chian roller was removed, and not replaced. The blaster was parked and has set, untill i get the roller on.

I installed a Hot Rods crank and rod with ease. Has anybody used this set up, and how will/should it treat me if it is broken in properly?