Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

FSW's motor failures (trinity)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 11:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FSW's motor failures (trinity)

A couple of pm's said a lack of quality control. Nuts had backed off or were not installed corectly

Old 01-31-2003, 12:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

14 did you beat any trinity's ???? And what about that trinity 465??? wasn't he fast??

Old 01-31-2003, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider

airraptor..maybe it's the fact that half of them were broken down? Ive heard of one crank not being aligned right and vibrating the bike so damn bad bolts were falling out of it. People have pm'd me saying they took their bikes apart and there were bolts put in the wrong places...bolts were missing etc. Trinity is NOT a bad shop..it is the people Harry has working for him. There is no quality control. If Harry did all of the work, Im sure everything would be perfect. But he has all of these motors going out the door that he hasnt built/checked..so where's the quality control?

As for being too scared to run against a trinity bike..all I have to say is "HA".

Old 01-31-2003, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider

Raptor RcR hit it dead on the head on that one!!!!! There has to be some kind of QC in order for things to run smoothly and double-check potential problems to avoid pi$$ing off customers that have spent hard-earned money on that company's products!! If I'm not mistaken MHargrove, the owner of that Honda/Trinity 465 stroker posted something on Trinity's work and it was NOT positive!!!

Old 01-31-2003, 10:44 AM
Trailblazer

AIRRAPTOR your one to talk you would not race the SPARKS 400ex!How was your trip to pismo?

Old 01-31-2003, 10:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well what i would say is thats all good. But what i see hear is one another engine manufacture knocking another manufacture and thats not cool. Im sure and with out a dought!!! craycraft did not beat the trinity bikes and if i recall the craycraft guy's were working full time to keep there bikes running. do you think if harry brought a crew in he would have solved any problems his bikes encounterd ????? im not here sticking up for no one im just saying guy's this ain't RIGHT!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2003, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider

AZsand..perhaps you can get your facts straight? THey had to swap over Marks top end because his 01 tranny let go. They swapped it over to the 03 and it ran great..with no problems. Other than that..they were working on EVERYONE elses bikes. Letting anyone and everyone use their tools, trailer, and anything else they needed. Those are the facts.
And the way this post started out..it wasn't about bashing Trinity or any other shop..it was trying to find out what had happened to the bikes in order to find a solution for the problem(timing chains). And the input that Mark got about the "broken" motors through pm's was from the owners of the trinity bikes. Airraptor is the one who turned this into a flame..talking about 14mins being too scared etc etc. If someone doesn't want to race..I guess they are just too scared? I know Ive declined some races because I was too tired or what not. That shouldnt matter..if you don't want to race you don't want to race. When people start saying crap like that is when a post turns for the worse.

Old 01-31-2003, 02:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Scared to race LOL, FSW's was a JOKE as far as actual racing goes. None of the heavy hitters raced. And some that did used "hired guns" on them AZSAND!

Mhargrove- That man is fast and i do not think i can run with him and the bottle, BUT he himself had a few issues with the parts in his bike. He has a wicked 465 on NOS no doubt.

I do not race on a mx track like you had at glamis, i do flat drags down here.

I was not bashing trinity i just wanted to know the outcome of the down motors. Looks like timing chains may be a issue??? But then i find out that some bolts got loose so no timing chains may not be a issue.

I NEVER HAD AND MOTOR ISUES AT FSW'S, MY TRANNY WENT

I would line up against airraptor any time he wants to run in the 300 or 660, i have confidence that my 686 will hang with his 727 with fcr carbs, no problem. AZSAND i will line up anytime you show up with that pammi 760 also. I will leave mine on race fuel too.

Craycraft worked on any bike there free of charge while we were in camp. Harry was out there working on the king's bike when he was not on the blue legend.

Not one of my post on this thread was a bash at Trinity, it was put up for info and to head off a problem that
may or may not surface.

As far as fast bikes at FSW's the largest percent were the ones we run all the time down here, Jeffinrivercity and hargrove were 2 of the fastest that i have never run. And the 2 sparks bikes were extremely fast.

Old 01-31-2003, 06:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats one thing about you 14 those rose colroed glasses my bike was second only too jeffs and that was by 2-3 bikes your not even in my leauge!!! you are obviously a computor bada$$ because at the hill you were a nobody!!!
and as for hired gun's i was far from the only one any weren't you talking about some one running yours???
I don't mind a good banter but you must learn how to tell the truth once in awhile!!! have a nice day[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2003, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

THIS NEEDS TO BE SETTLED AT SNAKEHUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

some of the fastest bikes in the U.S. will be there.

Quick Reply: FSW's motor failures (trinity)