Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

CT ... The Best Pipe for a Raptor.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003 | 02:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default CT ... The Best Pipe for a Raptor.

I'm sure you have plenty of power with the CT but if the motors stock you will get more with the Alien and when you mod your raptor then thats when the CT really starts to shine

Old 02-03-2003 | 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

I have the sparks race pipe and I love it. I have raced other piped raptors and i havent got beat yet around here.
Rudy

Old 02-03-2003 | 11:26 PM
Trailblazer

hey Patsraptor is the alien pipe awsome????? does it really give good hp and does it sound awsome??? i was woundering because i am probly for sure getting one in a couple of days and then getting a dyno jetkit......is it worth the money???

Old 02-04-2003 | 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

Yes it is a very good pipe but I just sold it to get the Sparks pipe. I don't think the Sparks will give it more power but I really like the sound of the Sparks over the Alien

Old 02-04-2003 | 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

If you like that u should try with just header and no silencer. Yesterday i was cleaning mine and had the pipe off , so i decided to try without silencer. I just let idle for a few mins to **** off a neighbor but i think it worked. It was obnoxious.
Rudy

Old 02-06-2003 | 01:19 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: AdamsBadDS650
No, if you read the article, the pipe testing was done at the CT racing shop. what a coincedence. If you have a stock motor, the CT pipe sucks, because of its large headpipe diameter. If you have a built motor, it is a little better. Reccommendations for a pipe, hmmm. If you are short on money, I would definately say the HMF pipe. Even if you're not on a budget, it's a pretty sweet pipe. I have the Yoshimura comp system, and I am happy with it, no problems, well built, but a little on the pricey side. Same thing with the MBRP. good looks and quality, but lots of $$$. I think if I was going to buy a new pipe, it would be HMF, or MBRP.

For more snappy power, just wait till you get the pipe, you will love the power. then add a pro-flow filter, and adapter, and a jet kit. If you want even more, drop a couple bucks for a Hotcams stage I.

HMF pipe $350??
Pro-flow and adapter $100
Hotcams stage I $125
I'm sorry but this is a total crock of $&*% disregard what he said the ct is the baddest pipe i have seen my buddy has one on a stock motor and he hasn't been beat at a dune drag yet by a piped rappy. he's got it in the shop so i'll tell ya how it turns out.(770cc)it is one of the best sounding pipes also. it is actually about the same as graydon so go with the cheapest i guess but i would go with CT and a Pro-Flow adaptor and k&n filter. that's all you need. and ct does dyno the highest i have seen dyno sheets.

Old 02-06-2003 | 03:26 AM
Pro Rider

CT pipe = Ugly, overrated, false claims, rigged reviews, over priced, and ya....any other pipe is just as good performance wise (or better) and they all look better. Just my opinion because of everything I've read and seen about the CT pipe. Not trying to start a flame, it's just my opinion so get over it.

Old 02-06-2003 | 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

so bubba what do you think of the graydon pipe? is it anygood?

Old 02-06-2003 | 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

i dont ride a raptor so i have nothing to gain by this but if i did i would buy a mbrp full pipe with the big bore silencer! just my 02

Old 02-06-2003 | 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

This issue goes on for ever. My CT pipe pipe rocks as for alot of other pipes. If you ask for peoples opinions on here they will say whatever works for them and/or whatever company gives them the better deal. I have raced/rode with many raptors with all kinds of pipes and my 660 can keep up and alot of times be out in front with the most of them. Some do take a little more screwing around with (CT) to get set up but are all in the same area. My raptor is up for sale now but when I do get a new one I,ll probably go with a yoshi set up.
One thing about the set up I do have. When I was in the process of setting it up I had a few questions and the guys on here helped me alot more than the company I choose to buy my product from. They more or less told me to figure it out myself and f#$k off.

Quick Reply: CT ... The Best Pipe for a Raptor.