Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

CT ... The Best Pipe for a Raptor.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003 | 12:01 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default CT ... The Best Pipe for a Raptor.

I was Flipping through an old Dirt Wheels magazine the other day and they had done a performance test on all the aftermarket pipes for the Raptor. The CT Pipe was claimed to add the most power and be the # 1 Choice. Which pipe would you guys say is the best for my money ??? And what other bolt on mods can I do right off the bat to make my Raptor a little more snappy. I do mainly trail riding , and I am an aggressive rider. Got rid of my 87 Zilla because I seemed to spend more time fixing it and and not enough time riding it.

Old 02-02-2003 | 12:07 PM
Pro Rider

I feel the CT is the best pipe for a moded motor!!! On a stock to slightly moded bike the DMC Alien is the best pipe I have tried. These are the ones i have tried....W/B,HMF,Yoshi,Graydon/CT (same) and Alien..

Old 02-02-2003 | 12:09 PM
Pro Rider

No, if you read the article, the pipe testing was done at the CT racing shop. what a coincedence. If you have a stock motor, the CT pipe sucks, because of its large headpipe diameter. If you have a built motor, it is a little better. Reccommendations for a pipe, hmmm. If you are short on money, I would definately say the HMF pipe. Even if you're not on a budget, it's a pretty sweet pipe. I have the Yoshimura comp system, and I am happy with it, no problems, well built, but a little on the pricey side. Same thing with the MBRP. good looks and quality, but lots of $$$. I think if I was going to buy a new pipe, it would be HMF, or MBRP.

For more snappy power, just wait till you get the pipe, you will love the power. then add a pro-flow filter, and adapter, and a jet kit. If you want even more, drop a couple bucks for a Hotcams stage I.

HMF pipe $350??
Pro-flow and adapter $100
Hotcams stage I $125

Old 02-02-2003 | 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Alien. that thing is sweet looking.

Old 02-02-2003 | 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

GREAT info Adam I still feel the Alien has more power then the Yoshi though.
OH I heard the MRBP at FSWs and its a good sounding pipe also but have not tried it

Old 02-02-2003 | 01:15 PM
Pro Rider

I have an alba pipe with the proflow kit and good jetting, I know some people do not like the alba but i have ridden other pipes with the so called best pipes and was not impressed mine felt way better, also if you do alot of woods riding drip one down on your countershaft either way any pipe and the correct jetting will be a night and day difference. good luck on the quest for mooorrreee powwwwer

Old 02-03-2003 | 12:51 AM
|
Trailblazer

Hey guys , I realize this topic has been done ! and then done some more , and I appriciate any feed back . But I am Picking up a brand new raptor this week and I would like to get the best performance for my buck. I did read back on past posts and still I am not sure what pipe to go with.

Thanks for your input.

Old 02-03-2003 | 12:58 AM
Trailblazer

I have an '02 Rappy and I just slapped on a W/B E-series w/ a K&N air filter. WOW! I was really shocked at how much snap it added. And for the $, I couldn't find a better bargin.

Ride fast, free, and respect your fellow riders[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-03-2003 | 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: PatsRaptor
I feel the CT is the best pipe for a moded motor!!! On a stock to slightly moded bike the DMC Alien is the best pipe I have tried. These are the ones i have tried....W/B,HMF,Yoshi,Graydon/CT (same) and Alien..

Pat is 100% right on the CT. On a stock motor I would not reccomend it. But on a built motor it's excellent!

Old 02-03-2003 | 02:08 AM
Pro Rider

I would have to disagree, When I first got my CT pipe, I had the power to do anything. 3rd gear wheelies like nothing. So imo good torque and great horsepower gains.

Quick Reply: CT ... The Best Pipe for a Raptor.