Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

CT ... The Best Pipe for a Raptor.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003 | 04:36 AM
Range Rover
Default CT ... The Best Pipe for a Raptor.

Originally posted by: BigBubba
CT pipe = Ugly, overrated, false claims, rigged reviews, over priced, and ya....any other pipe is just as good performance wise (or better) and they all look better. Just my opinion because of everything I've read and seen about the CT pipe. Not trying to start a flame, it's just my opinion so get over it.
look if you don't know don't answer. alot of guys get pipes because of what other people say and not on pure facts.i have seen yoshi raptors get spanked by a CT raptor. i myself feel that the yoshi doesn't look near as good as the CT nor does it sound as good. all the yoshi raps i've ridden pop alot. don't get me wrong though the yoshi is a great pipe. but IMO the CT is much better. i've yet to see another pipe perform as well as the CT except Graydon(practically same pipe) maybe you don't want anyone else to get a CT because you're tired of gettin spanked.

Old 02-07-2003 | 10:50 AM
Pro Rider

LOL lets get all mad about what pipe other people are using [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Here was my experience with pipes....
I Called CT ordered a pipe waited a month and it still hadn't shipped (I was buying a CT based on the DW article at the time.) I got tired of waiting called up Trinity and flat asked "why should I buy your pipe over a CT when DW says its the best."

The respone that I received was the reason I now have a trinity pipe on my bike.... "The DW article was BS and will most like have to have a rebutle in an upcoming article. If you want to buy a CT then buy it but if not then I'll send you down a Trinity, and if you dont like it in 30days send it back." I liked that answer and instaled my new Trinity pipe. Called them back with some jetting questions and received good helpful answers. I have been extreamly happy with my bikes performance.

Good luck on your choice, and hope you enjoy whatever pipe you get.

Old 02-07-2003 | 12:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

For the money on a stock engine I don't think anyone can argue a slip-on is the best bang for the buck.
Buying a quality one may not cost more in the long run because
1) If you keep it a while it will hold up
2) If you sell it later for something else you'll get more money (I've seen used yoshi's bring almost new prices on e-bay)
I don't like disc type and I like a good sound. So that leaves Yoshi, MBRP and there might be a few others.
When you pick up your quad ask for a discount on acc's.
GYTR adapter and filter
GYTR jet kit
That's my 2 cents worth, spend it wisely.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2003 | 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

Honest truth i have never seen a ct pipe on a raptor in person.I have seen way too many yosh on raptors,So you come to your conclusion,if they were the best then wouldent everybody have one ,and yosh pipes are not the cheapest thing to buy so why fork out the extra bucks for something that doesent work..laters.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2003 | 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

CTraptor: The Graydon pipe is the same thing as the CT.

JustDragItBitch: I've never been beat by another Raptor unless they have dipped into the engine. I had an e-series full before and still never got beat.

I think its sooo lame that they have to rig a dyno test to get people to buy there pipes! Also everyone complains about their service! I've never heard complaints about there performance but who complains about an average of 10 hp from any pipe made and who complains about something they spend $500 on? I've heard lots of complaints about how hard it is to put on and how badly it fits together though.

Old 02-08-2003 | 12:54 AM
Range Rover

well BB you do have a +4 swingarm on your rappy don't you? that means that you can dump your clutch without wheelying backwards. that makes a huge difference on the jump. you get ahead on the takeoff and then the yoshi is fast so it can keep you there. when the Yoshi and CT go out it is who ever get's a good jump but the CT is a little faster at my elevation. maybe different at yours maybe people don't jet 'em good. i don't know it's nothin to brawl over. the yoshi is good. next to the CT and Graydon it's the best. but it doesn't take mods as well as a CT.

Old 02-08-2003 | 05:32 AM
Pro Rider

I just got that swingarm like a month ago, I was beating people with the stock one. Yes, I agree, nothing to brawl over. Sorry.

Old 02-08-2003 | 10:00 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CTRaptor
so bubba what do you think of the graydon pipe? is it anygood?
Tre Gradon pipe is the EXACT SAME as the CT!! Absolutly NO difference,made by the same guy!!!!!!!!!!
I have a CT pipe that I took off my 01 I would be glad to sell!!!!!!I had it polished and it is in good shape.
PM me if you are interested.

Old 02-08-2003 | 01:15 PM
Pro Rider

I was mad at first when i first saw the dirt wheels article cause i had just got the sparks pipe. But In the test the ct pipe i believe it had no discs and no air box lid, the sparks pipe had lid and discs. I have the sparks race pipe with no lid and proflow, I would reallly like to get on a dyno just to see, but dont know of one around here.
Rudy
I never had experince with ct neither cause i have never seen one on a raptor in person.

Old 02-08-2003 | 03:22 PM
Trailblazer

The sparks RACE pipe is fine but doensnt have a spark arrestor.I had the race pipe and ordered the spark arrestor kit from Sparks(legal for trail riding) it had 12 disc in it and killed the performance over the race tip(all open)so bought six more disc from Dinnis Kirk.16 disc ended up giving me the performance of the race tip,more disc than that took low end away.I run 15 disc for trail riding DNR love to write tickets around here.

Quick Reply: CT ... The Best Pipe for a Raptor.