Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Custom Raptor Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 03:55 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor Fenders Opinion

-----FIRST POST ON THE CONNECTION!!!-----

Hey everyone, i am planning on buying a black and white Raptor 660 within the next month, and to stand out in the crowd of many raptors at the local track, im gettin a full fender set. Cost isnt really an issue, so i want pure cosmetic opinions. I was looking at the maier fender kits on rockymountainatv.com and i really like the silver fenders. [I think the front grille piece on the stock raptor is silver if im not mistaken].

#1-which fenders [color and brand] do you guys reccommend?

and #2-which graphics kits go best with the fenders you suggest?

Thanks,
Alex

Old 02-28-2003, 05:10 PM
Range Rover

Any help?......

Old 02-28-2003, 05:23 PM
Range Rover

I don't like the integrated grille on the Maier plastics for the Raptor. It makes it look too much like the Bat Mobile, IMO. But, Full Bore has the best looking aftermarket plastics. http://www.fullboreinnovations.com. They are on the pricey side, but look good. I imagine any aftermarket kit would fit the plastics, but ask about it first. I like kits at Alba the best. http://www.albaaction.com. Although, I just bought the GYT-R lightning kit found at http://www.yamaha-motor.com. It was cheap ($105 with seat cover) at Ronnies.com. I like it the best for my color combo, black, white, silver, and yellow.

I think yellow, silver, all white, or red fenders would be the most uncommon colors out there for the Raptor. If that's what you are going for. Welcome to the site, too!

Old 02-28-2003, 05:32 PM
Range Rover

Thanks mrbones,

I think im going with silver, and i thought a little bit and i think that a black and red graphics kit would go REALLY well with silver fenders. But then i might get mistaken for a Predator.... lol. What do you think?

Old 02-28-2003, 05:43 PM
Range Rover

Those colors would be cool. And yes its close to a Predator, but those no mistaking the front grille of a Raptor. I'd recognize it for sure.

Old 02-28-2003, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

do you really need the graphics? I like a nice plain color wiht maybe some smaller stickers. I would jsut put a nice Metal Mulisha sticker on mine.

Old 02-28-2003, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

Metal mulisha on a quad ?????? Now somethings not right there. [lmao] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2003, 09:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I like the Maier fenders alot, but the ful bore are supposed to be better quality. I, however, am going to go with the Maier rears and stock Yamaha fronts, black front and silver rear. For the price differance between the two it just makes more sense to me. And if you don't like the front nose cone on hte Maier you can cut it out and make yourself one out of stainless mesh. I saw one like that done by Mickey Dunlap that looked VERY good.

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find it as entertaining/usefull as I have.

Old 03-01-2003, 06:13 PM
Range Rover

I have fullbores in orange and race cut. Look awsome. Fit terrible though. Worst fitting aftermarket piece I've ever bought. It was horrible. And cost a lot. But looks good.

Old 03-01-2003, 08:03 PM
Range Rover

Well,

I think im going to end up going with the black Maier Fenders, and i think i might try and do what Ward660R suggested with cutting out the front integrated grille and replacing it with a custom made grille. I have a good friend who's dad works in a machine shop and he makes me things all the time. Ive decided to get my OWN custom graphics made also, with yet another connection through a friend. The scheme.... yet not set in stone... will be a "Graveyard" scheme on the center section around the tank, featuring teh classic full moon, leafless tree, and gravestones with names such as "RIP Z-400" and "RIP DS650".... not as insults, but just to be fun and start conversation..... and OF COURSE, be different. On the Front Fenders im having graphics made that are sort of ghastly, that starts from the front of the fender and fades to the rear from white slowly into translucent. On the rear will be a set of twin graphics on either side that say "660 GHOST" in black lettering with a faded, thick White outline around the lettering to give it a "barely there" feel. The Rappy will be stripped down to the frame and painted ALL WHITE, including the handlebars, swingarm, A-Arms, and all aluminum frame accesories, The engine will be powdercoated black, and Also the Rims Painted Black. I have already started welding up a front bumper that says "BOO", and for the added effect, im putting small black cirlcle decals on the headlights to resemble eyes.

**Looking for someone to make a Custom Seat Cover and also wondering if any of the major exhaust system manufacturers have their exhaust systems in BLACK**

I Will be sure to post a pic of the finished product....

Quick Reply: Custom Raptor Opinion