Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

No alcohol on the Oregon dunes Period starting 3 days ago

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003 | 02:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default No alcohol on the Oregon dunes Period starting 3 days ago

As far as I am concerned I don't think they should close the dunes at all at night. That is awsome that you have access right from your house. That rocks! It's probably a good thing I don't have that access. I'd probably quit my job and ride all day...(would that be a bad thing.

Old 03-07-2003 | 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

Riznaptor

You the one open your mouth off about turning off the light while being chase if you ever do. What the hell for? You know the rules!!

How would you like peoples litter your place where you ride from your house. I wouldn't be happy at all for sure.....

I am sure you have seen the boxcar over the big weekend. I am sure peoples got hurt and bet you it all came from alcohol related.

This one of the reason I just don't go to big weekend because of stupidty peoples who drink and drive on the dune. I sure like to go but I am not going to take my chance of getting hit of moron peoples who is drunk out there while riding the quads or rails.

Old 03-07-2003 | 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

Also you need to read the statement before sending it out that the alcohol ban will effect on May 1st!! Not three day ago...... maybe you need to borrow my glasses I got a couple of spare here... just let me know if you really need it....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2003 | 03:17 PM
Pro Rider

Just to let you know, I've never partyed in the dunes and if I did I'd never ride drunk. The whole toss the bottle thing was just me blabbing. What would you guys do if you were partying illigally and the cops came, eh? You guys took what I said wayyy to seriously.

Old 03-07-2003 | 03:23 PM
Pro Rider

then think about what you are going to say Bigbubba!!

Old 03-07-2003 | 03:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider

well it is because people abuse the rules that things like this have to be done, i won't drink and ride, my choice, know some friends that have one or two and they seem ok. but i've seen a lot that go to far, and because of them the rest of us have to have rules put out to obey. well i would think being adults we wouldn't need this, but on more than one trip have almost been hit by drunk riders, and since i ride trail with my kids, i support this for there safety. well again it is to bad that we all have to go thru this because of a few but seems most things work that way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and the one busy weekend i had at coos bay there was bottle and cans every where haven't seen this as bad at florence.

Old 03-07-2003 | 05:50 PM
Pro Rider

Than again if it weren't for Alcohol some ugly people would never get any[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2003 | 07:25 PM
|
Pro Rider

im am sorry for starting arguments, yes i have seen the partys at box car. Yes some people get hurt. They are usually drunk idiots. But its entertaining. Theres no kids out at Box Car in the middle of the night.

The house i have is actually jsut a vacation place. LIttle double wide.

I hate littering, especially in my area. I almost always used to take part in the clean the beach thing they used to do. I dont know if its still going on.

Once again the main thing i dont like about it is that the people jsut camping out in the sand at places like hauser and not in an actually camping site arent allowed to have any alcohol. I understand the the people getting hurt at boxcar is probably one of the main reasons for this law.

Old 03-07-2003 | 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

I'll admit, when riding at the dunes we often carried along a silver bullet for each of us. ONE, one only. It was nice after a hard run to stop and have a beer and BS. We took our cans out with us and didnt get loaded. Night time in camp is another matter, but of course we didnt ride then. I personally think it's a good idea to ban booze on the dunes and I'll abide by that. It's a small price to have some of the knuckleheads out of the picture. And there's alot of them at Sand Lake!! The better places are too danged far.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2003 | 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

No kidding about Sandlake..... I beeen there a few time and I won't go back there again due to idiot peoples and too small area to ride. I rather spent an hour to drive to Florence and have more fun or another addition 30 min drive to Spinreel. JMO!

Also I wondering how they going to enforce at Winchester Bay when they (IF) have Dunefest this yr. Last I heard they are doing the permit process to see if they approve it or cancel. That all I know.

Quick Reply: No alcohol on the Oregon dunes Period starting 3 days ago