Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

No alcohol on the Oregon dunes Period starting 3 days ago

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003 | 02:08 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default No alcohol on the Oregon dunes Period starting 3 days ago

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/siuslaw/alcoholban/index.htm

There is a post about this in the sand dune section.

They just killed all of the big party weekends on the dunes. No more box car with thousands of people. Who is going to go if they cant drink?

Im just worried about everyone else, i know the "raptor rangers" cant touch me in the oregon dunes. I dont need lights in the middle of the night. I will have to unhook my brake light though.

The only alcohol allowed is in campsites. So all the thousands of people camping at houser out on the dunes can't have alcohol. Thats rediculous.

Old 03-07-2003 | 02:11 AM
Pro Rider

Thats sooo stupid! Oh well...not 21 yet so it's illigal everywhere for me! When the cops come just chuck the bottles or burry them in the sand. It wont be hard to pull off at all.

Old 03-07-2003 | 02:19 AM
Range Rover

If my memory serves....you're not suppossed to have alcohol in the Glamis dunes but we do it any way.....what are they gonna do arrest everyone?
They will and do get some people.....but just mainly the jerks that run through the dunes with thier lights off in the middle of the night! Get a clue dude!

Shane

Old 03-07-2003 | 02:21 AM
|
Pro Rider

my lights would only be off if i were being chased. The oregon dunes have trees, and small trails to hide in. Headlights are a big giveaway. Just have to worry about tracks.

And i was also joking somewhat smart guy. No one in their right mind would cruise around glamis with the lights off with the million people out there. Theres not many people in the area i ride. Especially after midnight. Which is to late to be out, so if they cruise through, I will get chased.

Old 03-07-2003 | 02:47 AM
Pro Rider

I just saw a story on the news about it. They said it goes into effect May 1st 2003. ????

Old 03-07-2003 | 09:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigBubba
Thats sooo stupid! Oh well...not 21 yet so it's illigal everywhere for me! When the cops come just <b>chuck the bottles or burry them in the sand.</b> It wont be hard to pull off at all.
Your the reason the bans are being put in place. People like you who can't follow rules and respect the areas you play in. They don't need to ban alcohol from the dunes, they need to ban you and others who think like you. I hope you get a flat tire the next time your at the dunes because of some disrespectful jerk that "<b>chuck the bottles or burry them in the sand.</b>"

Old 03-07-2003 | 09:46 AM
Pro Rider

You don't need to be drinking while riding in the 1st place. It does not make a difference if you are operating a car, boat, or atv when drinking your chances of injuring someone else is more likely. KEEP IT SAFE!!!!!!!!! and we will all have more areas to ride. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2003 | 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

! When the cops come just chuck the bottles or burry them in the sand. It wont be hard to pull off at all.[/quote]

Man you have some major issues burry them in the sand WTF we all know your type of enthusiast the one thats not welcome

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Thats all we need is a bunch of irresponseible idiots throwing trash out in the dunes for others to see or run over.

Old 03-07-2003 | 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

I like the idea of banning the alcohol on the dune that way I don't have to worry about getting hit by drunk idiot rider or driver on the dune.

Peoples like Riznaptor, BigBubba can ruin for everybody for not following the rules...... Wake up.....!!

Old 03-07-2003 | 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

Speaking of the Raptor Rangers, there is one that is at Winchester who rides around on a Raptor. I've heard from the local guys at the shop there that he is a real pain, and he even goes to Winchester on the weekends, when he isn't working, and patrols!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I've seen him on the weekends. He told my friend who had a big checkered flag on his sandrail, that he had to have a "red flag, otherwise I'll give you a ticket." So we went and got a little red shop rag, and he liked that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

.... Who is going to go if they cant drink?
I agree with wshrdskin, TriRap, and RSO660R. History shows that where there's alcohol, there will be trouble. Since families, etc. go to the dunes, I think that that is a wise thing to do. I never liked going to big events in the dunes because of all the weirdos who are drunk. Sure, it's "American" to drink, get higher than hell, act like a total idiot, and crash your ride. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] You DO NOT have to have beer to have a good time. Plus if we have people like BigBubba (and others) who think they are all cool, and just chuck bottles when they are done, then we have to clean up the dunes after them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: No alcohol on the Oregon dunes Period starting 3 days ago