Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

No alcohol on the Oregon dunes Period starting 3 days ago

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003 | 09:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default No alcohol on the Oregon dunes Period starting 3 days ago

Many have said it and I agree. Alcohol and duning do not and should not go together. Period.

Old 03-07-2003 | 10:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

BigBubba,

My appologies for wishing you to get a flat tire, that was not right. Whether you would toss or bury a bottle in the dunes I don't know but, it probably wasn't the best choice of words to use [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img].

Risnraptor,

I'm jelouse. A vacation home with access to the Dunes. That must be sweet.

I don't agree with "No alcohol at all in the Dunes" not in your campsite at all etc. I don't drink at all but, This is going to far imo. Now, I'm sure it's because to many people can't seem to follow the don't drink and drive (ride) rules. It's unfortunate that it came to this. I'm sure Glamis and others will follow suit in the near future.

Nothing pisses me off more than to narrowly miss a bottle in the dunes except if I were to hit one and cut very expensive tires.

Old 03-07-2003 | 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

Yup, sorry for pissing you guys off. I was just joking around, I'm not that irresponsable and dumb.

Old 03-07-2003 | 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

I really do not see glamis doing this in the near future, because since thaey have cracked down on everyone the problems that they where getting have cut in half, I was there pres. weekend a ranger pulled up and the only thing he was concerned about was the bottles, i believe its your choice whether or not you should drink or not it should not become a law cause i know that when i go to the dunes it is to relax and get away from everything and i will drink no matter what people think(I know my limit) just my .02[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2003 | 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

Its the guys and gals that drink and ride that fuel the fire for the "treehuggers"(see....Playboy post!!). Its stories of accidents from drinking and riding that give THAT group reason to shut down riding areas. If you must drink, make sure the quads are chained and locked with a combination lock so you won't remember how to unlock them until you are sober. JMO!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2003 | 12:49 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Should beer be allowed in the dunes??? Yes it should. I drink less than a six pack a year now myself. So it makes no difference to me. The problem is to many people CAN NOT police themselves and screw it up for the rest. Drinking and operating quads at warp speed is a diaster waiting to happen. When i was growing up drinking and driving in texas was no big deal. They used to slap me on my hand. lol 20 years later i find it hard to believe anyone put up with that. You can still have a blast without acahol. If you need beer to have fun someting is wrong. But i am against rules (laws) being made left and right in our country.

Old 03-08-2003 | 02:00 PM
Trailblazer

Well as someone who actually lives near the Oregon Dunes this will probably turn out to be somewhat of a non-issue. It will end up that yes, a few will be cracked down on for drinking outside the campsites, but it won't be totally stopped. Kind of like keeping the Oregon Interstate speed limit to 65 so drivers will stay 75 and under. Some measure of control is trying be established.

Actually people with gripe over this issue have no one to blame but themselves. The few ALWAYS ruin it for the many.

Riznraptor: I don't think this will really curtail duners on the holiday weekends here. If you can't have fun ATVing in the dunes with family and friends w/o the alcohol then something is not right.

One oddity of this is those who are EXEMPT from this rule: "Any federal, state or local officer or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty." Huh?? What's up w/ that??

"Uhhh....don't worry about the bottle officer, I'm pre-planning for a possible on-site rescue scenario here at BoxCar..."

Yeah, right.

Please keep it in the campsite and keep it picked up!