Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Post your most embarrassing races....

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post your most embarrassing races....

Back when my rappy was stock and to be noted my 1st time with it at the dunes, i thought i was big and bad. Just raced 3 rappies up comp that were also stock and i won. So when I got to the top i whiped the quad around to shoot a roost and show that what kinda man I was. Well Being 16 and incredibly cocky, I forgot the fact that I was on a High center of gravity rappy with angle paddles that dont like to slide sideways to shoot roosts. I gribbed and the quad tipped up hill, so i turned down hill and the quad rocked over and flipped down hill and threw me down hill as well. Let me remind you im at the top of comp hill where people tend to watch, they saw me running down comp with a quad nipping at my heels, after about 10 revolutions I decided to try to put an end to the rolling and tried to slow it down. After 5 more rotations and me not doing anything it eventually stopped. I got on and putted down to the bottom. I had to rebuild the starter switch, bent the handle bars (still tweaked) the clutch lever wobbles alot ribbed off that nifty plastic thing the key goes in, bent the metal bars that hold the plastics on, and put numerous stress marks in the plstics, which i just rescently fixed with a torch (look better than they did really blended them in) and on top of all of that I really pissed off my dad who made fun of me for rolling the quad. (nice run on sentence eh) Then Next trip to the dunes he rolls it over a razor back which me and my mom made it over fine in warriors. I got him for that one. Now I mostly ride the quad, I can handle it much better now that ive grown a bit more and added a few more pounds, havnt rolled it since. and that was over a year and a half ago and ive gone to the dunes 14 times after that. Been riding desert more than i can count with the rappy.

Old 03-11-2003, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

That was fun day...laying the smack down on a rappy than a nice steak dinner to top it all off. Actually we rode our hearts out that day and raced and had a hell of a good time with DSaholic, my bro, Bat, Wyoduner, Mad man Rick, and a few others.

Disturd is right, I have again focused on the women LOL. Actually just looking for someone to take riding and share my hobbie with and so forth. I would love to get a 700 and see what I can make happen with it but first i have to get another truck. That is the priority. In the meantime I am thinking about finding an older used shee or something to mess with. Wont do anygood till I get the truck. So I figure i might as well chase the women till I get the truck. Maybe i will find one that is loaded and by me a quad LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2003, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

LOL Demon..." Actually just looking for someone to take riding and share my hobbie with and so forth."

my ***, i talk to u on yahoo im all the time and well, ur just lookin to get laid...plane and simple...which is A OK in my book, but i don't have to lie to kick it w/ ur atv brothers....get a truck then a new ride and lets race ya puss!!!!!

Old 03-11-2003, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

My most embarrasing moment. Just got the exhaust and pro flow on. Was at the dunes and there was a huge group of people watching these jeeps pull my freinds truck from a lake (his most embarrasing moment) Right when they were done some guy had been looking at my quad checking it out. We talked a little and i got on an ripped down this slope. With around 50 people watching me i wheelied in 3rd towards Saunders Hill. I hit is sideways still on two wheels and slightly turning upwards. About midway up i came across some ruts and it rolled in such a way that it rolled up hill 3 times. The first time it went over me. Knocked my rear tire off the rim, but i was fine. then i had to sit at the bottom and have everyone come by and tell me what a badass looking crash that was. And everyone checked out my new bend marks in the plastic while i waited for a spare.

Old 03-11-2003, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I have a good one to tell. Last time at the trailer park, they have sand at the start, and I was riding my piped/camed Raptor, well, I was doing pretty good on Saturday, but on sunday, the tires were spinning, and I was getting no traction at all. I was running Kenda dominators, came stock off of my DS650, and I weigh 115, combined with the sand, yeah, you get the idea. I was getting beat by Rodsquads on his piped/ported/carb/CDI/cam/piston Z400. Man was that embarassing, plus I was getting beat by piped shee's. I learned my lesson that day. DOMINATORS SUCK AS$.

Old 03-11-2003, 11:23 PM
Trailblazer

I hate to admit it but...

After a few months of riding my Raptors, I invited my dad to a trip to the dunes. After a few hours of duning I asked him if he wanted to drag race. He agreed but seemed reluctant. I fully expected to put the spanking on my dad. I knew he road street bikes as a teenager and in his early 20's, but I did not think he was much into the speed thing anymore. Well after 10 or so passes there had been some spanking going on. Except it was my dad putting the hurt on me. Out of the 10 passes I bet I only beat him 3 times. Doesnt sound too bad if I was 15, but I was 29 and he was 53.

Old 03-12-2003, 12:49 AM
Range Rover

last summer at the local dirt drags the racing was over and I had won in my class, this guy comes up to me on his polaris sport 400 and asked if I wanted to race, so I said sure , i couldn't pass up whoopin this guy, but to my suprise I was only able to beat him by abot a quad length. It did not look good being that close to a polaris, but come to find out he had lots of work done to his quad but it was still a polaris

Old 03-12-2003, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider

yeah, i was the one that loss to a XR250. he had about 4 or more studs in each ***, and i had maximum of 2 in each. i put it in first and we took off, and it just spun. eventually i caught up. and then we raced again, and i spanked him cause i took off a little slower. oh, and i would have to say that brady's most embarrasing was when i beat him on the sx up bull gap. lol. stupid 300.