Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Pro Design shifter for Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 01:37 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Design shifter for Raptor

i have the roll myself and love it..liked it so much i picked up their pegs and brake lever off ebay

Old 04-15-2003, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider

I got me one on order right now, I cant wait!

Old 04-15-2003, 04:54 AM
Pro Rider

raptorguy, are you leading me to the conclusion that stock is better? I have proof otherwise.
In my experience, most ppl , including dealers, set their their shifters up for sneakers, not boots.
a few ppl who i let ride my rap mentioned that they couldnt shift cuz the shifter was too high.
well it works for me, an old desert rat. anything hanging down can be broken, and that includes boots and feet.
youll be surprised how many ppl ride with their toes hanging straight down!
just adjust the shifter where its comfy for you while you are sitting on it. you shouldnt have to think about it, just like placing yer levers, etc. IT has to fit YOU. so do some tinkering with you on the quad and a friend making adjustments, and youll have a winner!
JMHO

Old 04-15-2003, 01:53 PM
Range Rover

i have the prodesign shifter and case saver....it's one of the best mods i have done.....Raptorryan.....give it some time...you will get use to the longer throw....i raced on sunday too and did not have any issues with shifting thru the whoops and bumps.....dial in that suspension and you wont have problems with bouncing around....i watched your races, closely to see how your raptor was handling...you have some work to do on dialing it in......stay with it.....and for gods sake invest in some drill bits and cotter pins....hehehehehe.....had to throw that in there....hehehe.......your raptor looks sweet with the orange fullbore plastics.......we have to practice / race someday.....sooon....later

herbdon..........

Old 04-15-2003, 02:31 PM
Range Rover

herbie,
You laugh now, you weren't the one having pre and post crash pictures taken of your machine. Thanks for the ribbing. I called Houser and of course they have never heard of one of those nuts slipping. Doesn't appear to be any real damage, just pride. I'm replacing the ball joint because its full of dirt. Gonna see if the machine shop guy will pin the joints for me. Gotta find some castle nuts for that thread also. Houser only has nylocks. I'm going to try to lower the shifter a little, I think maybe its too high. As far as suspension, I'll welcome any tips. The Elka boys were all over it, Ethan, the guy who set them up was even there. We adjusted the rear slightly to match the front but they felt that they were set up right. The compression on them were as soft as they would go. PM me any ideas. Yeah, we need to ride sometime. Justin's got a new layout of his track where I store my quad, the kid with the R (who went 1-1). Gonna be renting a dozer soon. lata don,

derek

Old 04-17-2003, 02:32 PM
Range Rover

derek,
hehehe...i had to take a few jabs at ya.......put some riding time on those elka's, i have heard from others, it takes some time to break in the shocks.....i had to change my springs on my rear and front axis shocks....my problem was bottoming out and the compression adjustment wasnt doing much....now that i have my spring rates correct, the compression adjustment makes a huge difference now.....ride it for a while...if it feels to be too stiff, you may want to go to lighter springs......see how it rides after the rochester race....oh yea....i am going......thanks to some overtime this week......i have to take this season race by race.....the funds in my house are limited.........i hope you and i can get together some time to do some practicing.....let me know we can plan a sunday.......

herbdon out............

p.s.....dont call me Herbie.....it makes me feel 10 years old again....you ***.........hehehehehehehhehehee

Old 04-17-2003, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

I just picked mine up! It's made my Chozen Performence out of Medford Oregon. It's very shart looking and feels great! The only negative I found is that they didnt quite bend it enough to keep it from scraping the sidecase so I just ground it down a little with a dremel tool and it works great! Much better than stock! It's got cool ingraved flames on it too!