Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Craycraft runs GREAT!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Craycraft runs GREAT!

I just got back from the dunes with my new Craycraft 686! It runs Awesome! I raced a couple sparks raptors and beat them but barly. The engine isnt quite all the way worn in so there still some "hidden" power waitin to come out! I cant wait till its fully broke in! The only drawback I've noticed is that I need WAYYY more traction! I'm lookin to buy some Ultralites here soon, that otta pull me another bike length on the hill! I'm a little rich in the mid but I'll figure that out. I ran into SANDMAN430 right before we were leavin, just had time to say hi. He wanted to see the bike run but we were in a hurry to leave, sorry man.

Old 04-12-2003, 11:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Big bubba- Glad you got her up and running. The right paddles makes a huge difference. Hope to ride with you soon. Get that carb dialed in...

Old 04-12-2003, 11:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

How could you tell you were running rich in the middle? what was it doing? TIA

Old 04-13-2003, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

wshrdskin: I can tell its running rich because when I'm crusin it babbles at me.

airraptor: I'm running just 8 paddle haulers (poor traction) I'm getting ultralites which gives you TONS of traction and very tall gearing. The difference from normal haulers and ultralites are that the ultralites have a much smaller wheel and alot more tire that has a balloon shape to it and they are very tall which is why it makes your gearing so high, but the traction you get makes it way worth it! They also take away your turning ability a little.

Old 04-13-2003, 03:03 AM
Pro Rider

Great to here BigBubba, wait till it breaks in!

Old 04-13-2003, 04:39 AM
Pro Rider

Ya, I hear that when these engines break in you get alot more power!

Old 04-13-2003, 01:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Babbles? That sounds like what my old lady does.

Is it sputtering? Missing, bogging, heistating? Just curious for my own knowlege of what to look for. TIA

Old 04-13-2003, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

Ya, sputtering sounds right too. While your just crusin with about half throttle or a little less and in a higher gear (like 3rd+) you'll hear your exhaust sputtering a little, sounds a little like morus (however you spell it out) code...is that a good way to explain it? It's a little tricky through typing.

Old 04-13-2003, 02:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks, I think I got what you mean. Through others experiences hopfuly when, if mine does these things I'll know what to do. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2003, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

Cool cool, glad I could help out! I forgot to mention that I raced my dads piped and slightly modded banshee on the flats where I got good traction because the sand was wet. When my Raptor was just piped and jetted we used to hang together neck n neck until he hit 6th gear, then he would crawl away and win. This time is was a different story! I'd get the holeshot everytime and completly blow him away! We just did a short 100 yd drag and he said I beat him by about 10 bike lengths and my top speed is also faster now! It was great! It's amazing what a little extra traction can do for your speed and acceleration!

Quick Reply: Craycraft runs GREAT!