Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Best 690 kit for Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best 690 kit for Raptor

King 200 maybe is stretching it but the rider alone is good for 75 pounds,brakes,starter,frame easy 25 pounds and you know those are good numbers , 100 pounds is a 100 pounds. I like Trinity but I believe they are now better answers to building to a four stroke. My 686 never did seem 100% , it had $hit snapping off due to a vibration issue on the break-in.That was a Trinity issue, If I choose I could have took it back to Calif. and had it it wait to be repaired and would up missing a season like RJ. Your bike seems to run great, as does Airs and Marks and what I have heard RJ's. Mine ran good but never really great and I found out that the dyno sheet I recieved with the bike was never again duplicated at 3 other dynos. I like Harry as a person,just wouldnt buy a 686 from him again.

I just wanted to point out no particular builder can be judged against what sparks had at 4sw,one way or another.

Old 05-06-2003, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

it depends on what you want,if you want a reliable motor that makes good power and beats most other raptors on the trail any of these shops would do.
if you want BIG power thats another story
ive talked with just about every builder mentioned.
mark robertson has impressed me the most,very knowledgeable.thinks outside the box,and no b.s.
bob craycraft, has low prices,and his motors have great numbers.i do think robertson has access to custom peices that will make the differance in a all out hp war
trinity is WAY out of line in the $$$$$ department,i paid 250.00 for a rod evryone else sells for 185.00
sparks,hmmm they won fsw,told me fcr,s were not making any improvement on raptors when they wernt selling them,put them on their site and their the must have.
dunlap.can build you a great woods motor,course any of these guys could,seems a little behind in the big power department
ct racing. their happy to sell parts,but if you dont get their WHOLE kit you wont get much info out of them,even something as simple as what octane gas to run.
anybody tried VANCE AND HINES ?or STAR RACING?

Old 05-06-2003, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

Pi$$ on Alan over at CT, I was having trouble jetting with his "8th great wonder,end all,last pipe you'll ever need,ronco vegamatic" pipe. Sold it, bought a Yoshi and never looked back.Hopefully he see's this post and realizes how treating 1 customer crappy can mulitply many times over.

I heard that the FCR's only made 5HP max. Thats alot of bling bling for little HP,IMHO.

Old 05-07-2003, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

Airraptor and Kingraptors Trinitys bikes ran very well and the durability was great but I still think Sparks had everybodys number!

Old 05-07-2003, 12:31 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I have ONLY seen 2 fast sparks, the 2 at fsw's. Those motors do not get reproduced for the masses. I am not bashing sparks at all. I like them and i talked to curtis for a long time out there. You do not get the same pipe that they ran and you do not get the same intake. But they won those races and that was what they set out to do. They make a good pipe but so do 7 or 8 more shops. You got to pick the pipe YOU need and tune to it, low, mid, top whatever. Robertson does not have many motors out there yet. His first one was a dud (672 or 686 ??) and his personal 727 was strong last year but lots has changed in a year. We will see shortly how his 3rd raptor build runs. (727) Craycraft is new to atv's and time will tell but there will be more craycraft raptors out there this year than FST or sparks combined. They do it for a resonable price and go the extra step with customer service. There are lots of good choices out there. LRD has built motors for lots of guys on these forums as well as Alba, Trinity and powroll.

This my club can beat up your club was amusing for a while...

Old 05-07-2003, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins
I have ONLY seen 2 fast sparks, the 2 at fsw's. Those motors do not get reproduced for the masses. I am not bashing sparks at all. I like them and i talked to curtis for a long time out there. You do not get the same pipe that they ran and you do not get the same intake. But they won those races and that was what they set out to do. They make a good pipe but so do 7 or 8 more shops. You got to pick the pipe YOU need and tune to it, low, mid, top whatever. Robertson does not have many motors out there yet. His first one was a dud (672 or 686 ??) and his personal 727 was strong last year but lots has changed in a year. We will see shortly how his 3rd raptor build runs. (727) Craycraft is new to atv's and time will tell but there will be more craycraft raptors out there this year than FST or sparks combined. They do it for a resonable price and go the extra step with customer service. There are lots of good choices out there. LRD has built motors for lots of guys on these forums as well as Alba, Trinity and powroll.

This my club can beat up your club was amusing for a while...

what club are you a member of 14?mines so bad they wont let me say the word,lol

Old 05-07-2003, 01:11 AM
Elite Pro Rider

derbyking- I have the trailer park as you know. As far as it being a club with a president and so on we do not. We ride. There is nothing posted on our site that is vulgar or offensive. I do not believe that we have ever HAD to edit, delete or ban anyone. So far there has not been a problem with avitars or vulgar post that have had to be removed. I hope that it stays that way

I hope that sparks win FSW3

Old 05-07-2003, 03:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Ridley and i agree to disagree and i respect him for that.

air- where did he post that he wanted to join?? Sounds like to me he sent Bob a email and Bob answered it. Get over it. It is oblvios that you think your motor sucks, why else would you be having a head done by someone other than Trinity??? If you actaully had 70 plus hp you would be a contender where ever you go, but you don't and we all know it.

Old 05-07-2003, 12:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Ridley- I do not run fcr's but from what i have seen they are a major pain to jet. They come with 150 mains from sudco and some have to go lower and some need to go higher. lol I had a pm from a sparks guy that was running a 142 and a 148 in his, i know one 727 that has a 190 in both sides.

Ernie660r runs total seal and loves it. It has major grunt on the bottom. I have ridden it

Old 05-07-2003, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

we will have to wait for next year! FSW3 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Best 690 kit for Raptor