ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

will they ever come back

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 07:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will they ever come back

hey guys do you think 3 wheelers will ever come back
lol. yea i was really bored and i finally seen a 3 wheeler up and running around here and i want one for myself but i dont want any older mods i want an 08 model lol. i wouldnt mind seeing what would they morph into if honda came back with the 3 wheeler. i have heard some wicked stories from relatives and i want one lol.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unfortunately, the precedent has already been set, and you aren't going to see any production trikes from the big companies. They would be a lawsuit waiting to happen, and quad sales are good right now. Since there are so many loyal trike riders out there, I wouldn't be surprised if some enterprising company started selling frame "kits." Almost by definition trike riders are tinkerers; many would be happy to have a newer frame ready to drop in say, a z400 engine...

Old 06-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Trailblazer

I agree, the lawsuits would be flying like geese heading south for the winter.
I can remember back in the day when many were hurt or killed on Trikes. But what you can`t make people realize is, look at a parked trike, who is it hurting? nobody. Put a irresponsible driver behind the wheel and something bad will happen, same thing goes for cars and 4 wheelers, you can`t blame the machine for what the driver neglected to do. The only real problem I seen with trikes back in the day was all there was avalible was "balloon" tires as I call them, these are the tires that grow in the center and have a very narrow contact patch of maybe 3 inches and the problem was compounded by people over inflating them making it worse. In fact, when I got my 200s it had these tires on it, and it was very easy to flip over. I installed some AMS V trax full contact patch of 11 inches and stability improved over 100%, now it`s very difficult to get it up on 2 wheels, much less flip it. Only problem is with the full contact patch tires is they won`t flex, so it`s hard to power slide them when taking a turn. If they would make a full contact patch tire that had flexible sidewalls so I could power slide them, I`d have a tire I could use for life.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

There actually is a chinese company that will be releasing a new trike. Its similar to those little no name brand pit bikes except it has wider forks, and of course the wide rear axle. They are pretty neat looking.

And I agree with 2X, the only people who get hurt are the irresponsible ones. If you are going to ride like a dumb@ss, you will get hurt.

AkCmayer, theres nothing wrong with buying an older ATC. Especially Hondas. You should get a 200X or something. They are easy to work on, super reliable, and pretty easy to get parts for. Then when you get used to the riding characteristics of trikes...upgrade to a 250R, Tecate, or Tri-Z.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:23 AM
Range Rover

Old 06-22-2007, 03:31 AM
Pro Rider

That little thing looks cool as ****. Bet it would be fun riding wheelies around the yard on that

Old 06-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: KASEY

</end quote></div>

Thats the one I was talking about! Thanks for posting the pic.

Old 06-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Somebody needs to make a frame kit for a long wheelbase, low CG trike, ready to accept a Hayabusa motor! Now that would be awesome!
My modified ATC125 and 250R were a ton of fun. In about 10 years of riding, not once did I ever have any incident with flipping over.