Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Chinese 200cc 4STROKE QUAD SERVICE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 04:40 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chinese 200cc 4STROKE QUAD SERVICE HELP

Hey guys,
got given one of these and finally got it started the other week.
I have a shineray xy200st quad bike and can not find what the best oil is to use for it.
I live in australia and I would like to service it. It looks like the best oil weight is 15-40, judging by some of the posts on the forum.
I also need to know what brake fluid it takes and what the best gear oil will be for it.

Is it also worth greasing up the chain? it looks a little rusty and hasn't been run in a while.
does anyone know if these bikes have oil filters? i think they dont.

I got it as a present (not working) and have finally fixed it. Now just want to know the best oils so I wont kill any seals.

Thanks GUYS!!!

Here is a link:
Maple Sports - Parts & Components: Shineray XY200ST-II

i dont have the rear rest though!

Old 02-04-2010, 04:59 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by paule
Hey guys,
I have a shineray xy200st quad bike and can not find what the best oil is to use for it.
I live in australia and I would like to service it. It looks like the best oil weight is 15-40, judging by some of the posts on the forum.
I also need to know what brake fluid it takes and what the best gear oil will be for it.

Is it also worth greasing up the chain? it looks a little rusty and hasn't been run in a while.

I got it as a present (not working) and have finally fixed it. Now just want to know the best oils so I wont kill any seals.

Thanks GUYS!!!

Here is a link:

Offroad machines should be using 15w40 motor oil. Use DOT 4 brake fluid and 85-90w gear oil. Always lubricate your chain after every ride. Keep the chain clean and oiled. Many opinions on what way to oil, but just make sure you oil it. I use a "dry spray lubrication" chain oil. Dirt doesn't stick to the dry oil and lubrication is great. I don't have oil filters on my machines, just a small screen in the 150cc I have. I recommend using a foam filter spray on the air breather to help keep dirt out of engine. I replaced the air box and filter with a better quality air filter. Keep the filter clean and oil the filter with filter oil!

Old 02-04-2010, 05:02 AM
Pro Rider

Hey guys,

Thanks GUYS!!!

Here is a link:

The best weight is likely 10w40 or 10w30.....I personally use 15w40 because thats what weight Rotella T is and I really like that oil and use it in all my dirt bikes, street bikes etc....its "close enough" and good oil...so I use it.

Brake fluid is likely just standard DOT3.

As for gear oil....what gears are we talking about? Its got a chain so its chain driven......no front diff, no rear diff. I see no application for gear oil. If your thinking transmission this is a wet clutch setup so the engine/transmission share the same fluid (which is engine oil) so no need for trans fluid.

Oil the chain is a must.....if its really rusty I would take it off and soak it in a pan.

Oil filter.....probably doesnt have one.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks youngnbald and aaronrkelly.
You guys are guns!
I have already put on a new air filter. And Aaronrkelly I think you are right. It is chain driven and uses the same oil. I couldn't find any other caps for it.

Should I use 15w40 or 10w40? im leaning towards 15w40
and leaning towards DOT 3 brake fluid.
Thanks again guys.
Totally new to the whole quad thing.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:11 AM
Pro Rider

thanks youngnbald and aaronrkelly.
You guys are guns!
I have already put on a new air filter. And Aaronrkelly I think you are right. It is chain driven and uses the same oil. I couldn't find any other caps for it.

Should I use 15w40 or 10w40? im leaning towards 15w40
and leaning towards DOT 3 brake fluid.
Thanks again guys.
Totally new to the whole quad thing.
15w40 is a good weight as far as Im concerned.....Ive had no issues with it even in -10 weather.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks mate!
and dot 3 for brake fluid it is then!