Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

What to get for your loved ones

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 08:23 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to get for your loved ones

Your kids BEGGING for a quad You dont know what to get him?GREAT!!! Ask me. First, tell me the age and height of your loved one and I will help you find the right one

Old 03-29-2017, 03:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

As well as the quad business my boss has a farm, and I was startled yesterday when the boss's son's Rubicon drove up to the workshop:- driven by his 6 year old.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:47 AM
Trailblazer
Default lol

Wow he is sure he wants a quad. Does he have one? If not heres some ideas. He is six right? well here is a suzuki 90cc great for the young gun.

Great for the young gun ranging in MANY different colors

Old 03-29-2017, 09:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

6 on a 90? Maybe. Providing the rider went thru battery and 50cc quads.
How about a nice Kymco/DRR/Apex 50cc. Much better than the pogo stick suspension of a Z90. I'm guessing you don't sell those.
https://atvconnection.com/forums/kid...-my-child.html

Old 03-29-2017, 10:22 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Just remember anything on here is just a suggestion. Its up to the parent to make sure the child fits the machine properly and train their child to ride responsibly. My little girl has been riding since she was 2 starting out with a battery operated car. Then when she was 3 she moved on to her first atv with the first month riding with dad on the back of her machine or running beside her. She turned 6 last summer and got a new machine for her birthday as her riding skill was more than her little machine could handle. Also remember that a machine to small for a child is just as dangerous as one that is 2 big. With all the time i have spent with my girl she is a more responsible rider than most adults i see riding. We usually ride at a old abandoned bike track and power line right of ways that are fairly easy riding. With the last ride last year she wanted to do a actual trail ride just under 60km round trip. She petered out around the 45km and jumped on my machine and went to sleep while i tied the from of her machine to my bumper..
So you want to by your child a atv be prepared to spend money on GOOD safety equipment and proper fitting helmets. If been through 3 helmets in 3 years at the tune of $200 each. Not including other safety equipment. Be prepared to spend all your free time working with your child. This is not something you buy them and go sit in the garage with your buddies and drink beer and watch them ride. Not everyone can afford this but i found one of the best purchases i made was helmet headsets so i could communicate with her at all times.
Also for the parents that don't ride this may not be something for you. When i purchased the first machine for the little one we did not have a machine for us. So i went and purchased a cheap used one. Well the sport sorta over took us and we ended up purchasing 2 new units, trailer, riding gear, radios for helmet, Portable vhf for emergency( i live in a area where cell is flaky but their is always a vhf repeater around), VHF for truck for logging roads, good first aid kit, and lots of safety and recovery gear. So you have been warned this sport is addictive

Old 03-29-2017, 01:36 PM
Trailblazer
Default kymcos great

Originally Posted by LT80
6 on a 90? Maybe. Providing the rider went thru battery and 50cc quads.
How about a nice Kymco/DRR/Apex 50cc. Much better than the pogo stick suspension of a Z90. I'm guessing you don't sell those.
https://atvconnection.com/forums/kid...-my-child.html
I was thinking a 50cc but for an adventurous 6 yr old I thought I take a chance:wink:
​​​​​​​And I don't sell anything just here to help

Old 03-29-2017, 04:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

"​​​​​​​And I don't sell anything just here to help"
I appreciate your honest intentions.
Good for you!!

Old 03-30-2017, 07:09 AM
Trailblazer
Default how

I have a question how do you do the stats at the bottom about yer quad

Old 04-02-2017, 08:38 AM
KMR
Trailblazer

My kids started out on LT80s at about 6. I choose that atv because i wanted something used and reliable, but most importantly it had a foot brake. At 6 a child's hands are not big enough to grab and squeeze a hand brake.

Old 04-02-2017, 09:37 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

As long as they have hydraulic brakes they are easy for a little one to use. The issue is most of these bikes they put a adult lever on where a child's hands cannot reach properly. I modified a lever bringing it closer to the bars for my little one.. Worked like a charm