Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Which frame to use with a 1000cc triple

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 08:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which frame to use with a 1000cc triple

Most of the sled motors that are being talked about on this post are old tec. rotax 617 motors are old school, early 90's, they are being used because the world was full of them.

You can't even compare a new 600 motor to the old ones, some of that is clutching, carbs, and gearing.

For example a new 600 snowsled, will easily hang with an old 800 cc.

Because all of these setups are homemade, using old motors and peice mealing them together, some are bound not to be to impressive.

Old 12-31-2003, 07:12 PM
Trailblazer

A yamaha R1 motor only weights about 105 lbs i put mine in my frame all by my self and im 5'8" and 165 lbs and it puts out 148 HP so weight to HP that is great you add nitrous 50 shot and now you have a 200 hp Quad i have one. I can run 400' in 5.02 the thats with out nitrous i havent run it with nitrous the track close down but the track record was a banshee with the 500 cc motor on alki and he only ran 4.98 i thank i would have blown that away with the nitrous! It can be done its all that you want to put into the job i have close to 18K in my bike but its also a show winning bike every body loves this bike it turns everybodys head when i show up with it because its not a FACTORY bike so its a good conversational bike so if you want to put a sled motor in a Quad and you have the time and money do it dont listen to everybody else saying to get a banshee everybody has them!!!! Just dont great upset with it if you get beat when you take it out to race, it took me two years to get mine right with gears and everybody told me i could have one hell of a banshee with the money i have in mine but i have one like NO BODY else!! Have fun and good luck [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2003, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Quadzilla1000
A yamaha R1 motor only weights about 105 lbs i put mine in my frame all by my self and im 5'8" and 165 lbs and it puts out 148 HP so weight to HP that is great you add nitrous 50 shot and now you have a 200 hp Quad i have one. I can run 400' in 5.02 the thats with out nitrous i havent run it with nitrous the track close down but the track record was a banshee with the 500 cc motor on alki and he only ran 4.98 i thank i would have blown that away with the nitrous! It can be done its all that you want to put into the job i have close to 18K in my bike but its also a show winning bike every body loves this bike it turns everybodys head when i show up with it because its not a FACTORY bike so its a good conversational bike so if you want to put a sled motor in a Quad and you have the time and money do it dont listen to everybody else saying to get a banshee everybody has them!!!! Just dont great upset with it if you get beat when you take it out to race, it took me two years to get mine right with gears and everybody told me i could have one hell of a banshee with the money i have in mine but i have one like NO BODY else!! Have fun and good luck [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Thats exactly the way I feel too! Not knocking wildly built alky running drag r's, banshees, ds's...They are really cool to look at and great to see run. But I got to tell you about the only thing I do to my 900 Zilla is change the oil, fill it with gas and keep the n2o bottle full. I can ride fast or just idle around all day no problem!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]