Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

I've noticed something about Suzuki....

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider
Reconranger (automatics are for sissies)!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've noticed something about Suzuki....

I've noticed that on the Suzuki forum, most, not all, troubleshooting posts are about older year ATV's not as much the newer. I really like my Suzuki compared to other brands I have owned. Maybe it's because of fewer issues? Better build? Any opinions?

Old 11-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

I believe Suzuki is amoung the leaders in reliability. I have 2 and the only issues I have at times are self inflicked. I'd buy a new Suzuki today if I needed another quad

Old 11-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Show me any of the Japanese quads that have allot of posts with issues! Thay are all on top IMO!

Old 11-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Yep, good quality. Haven't had any real issues with my X2 but I've had Japanese vehicles before that have been tons more reliable than my American trucks. Guys I know with Suzukis have also had little to no problems with them.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Total number of new sales could have an affect on the numbers you see too.

If company A has 50% of the market, and 5% of those go to a forum with problems, the number would be more than if company B had a 20% share of the market and had the same 5% rate of problems being reported in a forum.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Range Rover

Yep, that is true. Suzuki does not sell near as many ATV's as say... Polaris. However, Yamaha does... and you don't see many posts with issues on the Yamaha's.

The Suzuki's are also very reliable.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider
Reconranger (automatics are for sissies)!

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
Total number of new sales could have an affect on the numbers you see too.

If company A has 50% of the market, and 5% of those go to a forum with problems, the number would be more than if company B had a 20% share of the market and had the same 5% rate of problems being reported in a forum.
I thought about that too but the ratio of trouble posts from older models to newer models wouldn't change. Looking at other brands, it seems the ratio is different. More newer models to older models ratio. Just something I noticed. I'm not brand bashing in any way. They're all fun. I thinh maintenance and how they are run play a big part.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Just another thing to consider. The number of guest viewing. They don't have posting privileges, so wouldn't leave any input. They come to the site, search and see the problem they had, fix the issue and are gone.

Until the next problem.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by SBuckJ
I've noticed that on the Suzuki forum, most, not all, troubleshooting posts are about older year ATV's not as much the newer. I really like my Suzuki compared to other brands I have owned. Maybe it's because of fewer issues? Better build? Any opinions?
I think you said it the best, people are looking for help on their older, and many times beat up, atv's - some are decades old at this point. Suzuki does have a good quality, this shows by the fact that people are still trying to keep them running. Like all machines its not if you will have to do maintenance and repairs, but when. Older models need more to keep them running, it's the same with all the manufactures. Newer ones break too, but it's easier to id common problems earlier now than back then.
I've found the older Suzuki bikes fall into two distinct categories, great rock solid bikes, or total nightmares. Mine's the second.