1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Yamoto 150cc Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamoto 150cc Review

**edited by atvconnection moderator**

Old 08-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

How have you guys fixed the sticky float in the carb problems? I can tap mine with a srewdriver but by that time it is already floaded and leaking all over.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Trailblazer

Well I can tell you where to get a transmission. Commando 250s also go buy the name Delta 250.
http://www.blacktopmotorsport....a_250_Parts_s/156.htm

Go there and click on ENGINE PARTS.

Now what I need is the rear brake caliper and the hose that goes to it. I bought a used Commando 250 on ebay. got it really cheap but am having problems finding parts. I stripped it down to the frame and got it running quite well. However it did not have a rear caliper on it when i got it. Shops tell me to bring in the old one and they can get me one...I DONT HAVE THE OLD ONE. I tell them that and they act confused. The disk is there and the mount, but not the caliper. If anyone has a good place to get parts for these things please let me know. Either on her or email me at hpk5569@yahoo.com

Old 04-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

hello im new to this forum and have a question....A friend of mine gave my son a yamoto 150 to learn on yet he told me it had lost alot of power and has no clue what the problem is...im 170 lbs and the thing will not pull me up any kind of hill at all and it has a hard time with my 80 lb 8 yr old...has anyone else experienced a loss of power with these quads? Any help will be greatly appreciated...ive been around bikes and quads all my life but dont scare me with engine rebuilding talk..lol well if thats the case i guess ill just have to do it.. Thanks alot and great reviews people!!!

Old 04-21-2008, 01:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

I need to re-read all 30 some pages, and then maybe have the MODS sticky common probs, or modifications that are needed......that said, I plan on either replacing the stock muffler, or modding it to flow better...it is way quiet, and seems to be choking the heck out of it, i took the muffler off for a few min, and rode it up and down the driveway once, and let me tell you, it would wheelie like no tomorrow...I hate the design of the frame that has no access for the carb, but ill live with it...we actually have not ridden it any distance yet, its still brand new, which is why i have to research this whole thread again..lol.
you could try replacing the muffler, and basic tune-up stuff if it hasnt been done already.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

JUst picked up an 05 Yamoto 150 for my kids to tool around on. When test driving it I had to keep giving it a little gas to keep it from stalling at idle. It was only $300 cash so I can't complain. When the carb was taken apart it showed the diaphram was caved in, should I just pick up a new carb from Raceway?

Also the rear disc brake just rotates freely, is this normal? I seem to have brakes decent, just wondering if this should be looked at.

From reading this thread I plan on a shock upgrade to the LT160s (can I use the rear shock too?), disconnect the auto choke and put a k&N r-1100 on. Changed the oil, gave it a good cleaning and lube and tightened every bolt up. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance...

Old 05-09-2008, 11:41 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum heavywear! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I have a 04 Yamoto and just put a carb from a Jetmoto 150 on it. I can see if I have the old carb still and send it to you if you want. Or if you use a Jetmoto carb/manifold I can make you a spacer so it fits. I would give Raceway a call and see what they have available.

By freely do you mean it spins while the axle is not moving?

Front ones fit not sure about the rear. i also noticed the shocks have dropped in price on ebay since the mad rush of Yamoto owners is over. Sounds like you have the bases covered. Feel free to ask more questions..

Thanks for dragging up a very old thread....its the first one I read when I came here.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mywifesquad

Welcome to the forum heavywear! [img][/img]

By freely do you mean it spins while the axle is not moving?
</end quote></div>

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Would be happy topaypal you for the carb, I did order a new one from raceway for $98, would be great to have a backup

the disc does spin while the axle is stationary, should it do that? I am going to take a pic or post a video

looking forward to getting this thing going! price seemed good?

Old 05-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have an 07? model just waiting on a few things like the airfilter, but another thing to check is the output shaft bearing...i think ours is bad, and it hasnt been ridden yet. I did also notice that the caliper bracket in back was slightly bent enough to make the pas drag on the rotor, fixed that and now all is well...now i need a new battery, ...all this and it isnt even used yet..lol

Old 05-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just bought a used yamoto 200 watercooled. I am looking for a repair manual but cannot find one.

Anyone know where to get one.

Issues im having... it has been sitting 2yrs. wont Idle, have to flip choke back and forth to keep running. figure I need to replace fuel filter and clean carb.

the clutch wont take it out of gear. I have adjusted the cable with no luck.

any suggestions or where can I find a repair manual.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Yamoto 150cc Review