1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Jetmoto Enduro 200cc motorcycle.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005 | 01:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Welcome To Raceway ATV's New Forum. Take A Look At Our Yamoto GY 200 Indoro Style Motorcycle. Free Shipping To Your Door

Thanks for getting back to me so soon and answering all my questions.
It seems like the gy200 is too good to be true...
A couple of follow ups and again thanks for taking the time.
What do you estimate the top speed if I do the upgrades you suggest?
I am almost ready to go for it. If it turns out to be a headache, atleast it is a relatively inexpensive one.
MY only other concern would be getting it registered for street use in NY...
Thanks for all the help, take care, g

Old 10-10-2005 | 11:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Welcome To Raceway ATV's New Forum. Take A Look At Our Yamoto GY 200 Indoro Style Motorcycle. Free Shipping To Your Door

I can understand your delima glove, I bought my GY for primarily street use with occasional offroad. I definatly reccomend a 42 tooth rear sprocket and a new pipe. I found that a scorpion pipe fit very nicely on mine. I did change it myself with out to much difficulty. As to your question about the top speed, mine set up with the 42 rear and pipe runs right at 70mph now pretty confortably, I am about 180pounds. I still have plenty of torque as well, you will find if you buy a new one that it will be geared just terrible. First thru fourth gear are almost worthless! One other thing to be aware of, the gears are weird, you go down from neutral to fifth, straight down. It's very hard to get used to if you have been riding a 1 down 5 up all your life like I have. Overall I am glad I made the purchase, I don't have much in it, and have a good bike thats fun in all conditions. I did get mine registered and liscenced. They just had to make up a few things at the insurance place and liscence bureau, but basically they registered it with no problems. My insurance is 86 bux a year through Progressive. One other thing to be aware of is that the GY speedometer is in Kilometers, thats a little weird but once you learn the conversion, its not to bad to get used to. Basically when i hit 100kmh, I am right 68mph. Considering price and so far, reliability, it was a good purchase for me and I'm glad I bought it.

RAMSfan [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-10-2005 | 01:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Very well said h2kRams...

Just want to add a few things: My GY200 came with the speedometer in miles instead of kilometers. I guess it just depends on what dealership people get their bike from.

I just installed a 38 tooth rear sprocket on my bike today and I'm now getting 65 mph on flat surfaces. Surpisingly, I still have plenty of torque to get up hills at a good clip still! I weight 275 lbs too! In the future I still plan to buy a new tail pine once I have the funds.

I live in Georgia and had no problems registering my GY200 with a tag. I did have to ask for a new Certificate of Origin though because the orginal wasn't even half way filled out. As long as your bike has the mirrors and turn signals, you shouldn't have very much problem getting a tag.

Here is a joke for Glove: Did you ask Orange County Choppers there in New York if they have any Yamoto GY200s? LOL (Only kidding...)

Later,
GY200Fan

Old 10-10-2005 | 01:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks to both of you for your advice and taking the time to reply to my inquiries. So the gears are neutral, first-fifth are down and then continuefrom 5th down to neutral, do I have it right? That is a little wierd but I am sure I will get used to it. The km to miles thing is not too bad. WHen you say gears 1-4 are useless meaning they are geared for off-road? Thanks again, take care, g

Old 10-10-2005 | 02:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ya on the gearing, all the way up is neutral, then first, down to fith. It's really different. When the bike comes in from factory, the first 4 gears are so low you just go right through them so fast, you cant really ride in any gear other than 5th unless you are on a trail where you are staying slow and on and off the throttle, but just to ride a steady 35mph, you would have to be in fifth. Pretty poor setup. By changing sprockets, that problem goes away, I now go through town at 35mph in 4th just cruising nicely. I run third on the back streets now where the speed limit is 25, before i was in 5th on all this stuff. The bike is not properly set up for anything other than trails when you first get it, but about 100bux and a little time, you can have it running pretty nice for ya. Good luck, glad to help out.

take care,
RAMSfan [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-10-2005 | 09:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

My bike has standard gears, ie: First is all the way down, and half a click up is neutral, then up for second through fifth. My bike only goes about 45 in fifth as of now, but I am getting a sprocket ASAP. The assembly wasn't too hard, out of the box (mine came in a steel crate). I did have to fool around with the clutch throw because at full squeeze, the clutch was still partially engaged, and the bike would not go into neutral while running till I adjusted it. I am still breaking my bike in, and it runs beautifully, starts fine. It's alot of wheel for the money, especially if you look at what people are paying for scooters these days. I will say that getting a secondhand Jap bike will be at least twice as costly, properly street legal.

Old 10-11-2005 | 01:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ok, so it seems there are atleast two gear boxes gor the gy200, I am not too worried though about it, I am ordering one very soon, just have to figure out from where because it does seem that there are a few different color schemes depending on where your order it from. I guess I like the off-road gearing in the bike because I do plan to get it a little dirty, but I still would like to change the gear in the back to get a little better speed in 5th, I need to go atleast 50-55mph on a secondary road to get to work every now and again. The exhaust upgrade seems like a great idea too. Thanks for all the help. G

RaceATV>>> could you please contact me if you check this thread, I would be interested in buying locally from you if it were in anyway close to the prices that is offered on several websites, including several ebay stores. It did seem that you guys were willing to work with someone with a similar situation in an earlier thread. Thank you, G

Old 10-11-2005 | 10:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi everyone. I've been reading along for a couple weeks now. Great information! I just ordered a Gy200 yesterday and I'm really excited to get my "box". My choice was influenced by my bad experiences in local motorcycle shops. A used enduro is nearly impossible to find it seems and the dealers don't want anything to do with you if you're not there to drop 7k on a new bike. Pretty sad. I did check out a new Suzuki Dr200...$3800 plus fees! Wow. Anyway...thanks for the info! This will be my forth dirt bike (3 enduros and an Xr75 in the early eighties). My last bike was a Honda NX125 that I sold in 1999 and I've really been craving a new bike. BTW...the quality on the NX125 sounds like it's pretty comparable to the Gy200. We'll see. Thanks everyone!

Old 10-11-2005 | 09:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Carp, you should be pleasantly suprised by the bike you get, quality wise. Welcome to the fraternity!!

Old 10-11-2005 | 09:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks! I did the same google search I'm sure everyone else did on the bike. The only thing I could come up with (besides this helpful forum) was a few moto-purists bagging on the bikes without ever seeing them or apparently hearing much about them. I'm thinking about starting some type of .org website/forum as a clearinghouse for information on these machines. I'm not sure if it would go anywhere but it's pretty cheap to do and it might help a few people make informed descisions and maybe pass on a few tips to maintain or upgrade them as well. I'm thinking about it...but I'll wait till I get mine and document/photograph the setup so I have some content to start out with. I'm also thinking about including sections for chinese atvs and mopeds as well but I don't know much about them so we'll see. Anyone have any ideas about this? Thanks for the tips everyone. I'd have never thought about swapping a rear sprocket or exhaust. Not too machanically inclined... Thanks, Mike

Quick Reply: Jetmoto Enduro 200cc motorcycle.