1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Over 8 years with some Jetmoto's..

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 09:28 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Over 8 years with some Jetmoto's..

I realized a while ago that my family and I had been riding the 2007 Jetmoto's for over a year. I got them back in April/May of 2006. The amazing part to me is besides needing replacement brake pads on the 150. They have been relatively trouble free to own and operate. Part of it could be because I spent a bit more time putting them together than most have. (read lots of blue loctite) But I have to say Im impressed with each of these quads. All are using the stock chains and batteries. I figured they would be the first to go. I even ran all of them on the stock plugs for the first few months before replacing them with NGK's. I also replaced all the stock fuel line and filters in the first few weeks. Not sure why the Chinese cant make better fuel line? The tires are made in china and dont seem that bad. I also replaced the air filters. Except for the 150, its still stock.

What dont I like?

1) The paint on the frame is very thin and has rust showing on about 5-10% of the frame. This makes the quads look older than they really are. I think the guys that paint the engine should paint the frames, or even the guys who paint the wheels.

2) The ball joints get some play in them fairly quickly. (I havnt replaced any of mine yet, but am keeping a eye on them).

3) The 150 (with its reverse in the rear end) feels like it weighs twice as much (to me) while riding over rough ground, than the 125 or 200 do. That doesnt keep the 150 from being the most popular quad for any one who has no experience on a quad. Just something Ive noticed when riding the 150.

4) The fan on the 200 is kinda silly(and probably useless), but for some reason the darn thing still works.

5) The folding tip on the shift lever on the 125 broke. I made a replacement tip out of aluminum. Not sure why you need a folding shift lever on a quad but what do I know?

5) I am having a problem with the 125's battery, but I think its the alternator not charging. I will figure this out in the next couple of weeks and let everyone know.

Other misc info... I have been using Valvoline 10w-40 in the engines since they were new and have only changed the oil 1 time. That was last spring after about a year of riding them. No clutch problems from using car oil yet. If anyone is wondering how much time we have spent riding each of the machines? I would estimate its something like this:

The 200 has approx 100-125 hours on it.
The 150 has approx 100-125 hours on it .
The 125 has approx 75-100 hours on it.

Last edited by mywifesquad; 07-01-2014 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Title change again
Old 08-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little over a year with 3 Jetmoto's

Thanks for your Post we bought a Jetmoto For our son for his birthday ( waiting for it to be delieverd) its a 110 Ihope we have to same good luck you have hand...
Any Tips for Putting it together right?

Old 08-14-2007, 04:30 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Your welcome tjsdad. I have a copy of the assembly instructions for the 200 if your interested. I think its at home on that computer. I could email it to you, or you could ask John or Eugene for a copy. Basically you want to blue loctite every bolt that either goes thru plastic, uses a philips head screw driver, a 8 or 10 mm wrench. You will also want to check every bolt for tightness. The chains are a little tight, some dont sweat it. I loosen them before riding.

Old 12-07-2007, 04:03 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

We spent some more time on my Jetmoto 125 and 150 over Thanksgiving weekend. Both got 3 days of nearly non stop use. The 150 getting most of the ride time do to its ease of use for beginners. Its a great quad for learning but everyone who rides it has the same complaint. It sounds boring...Up until now my 150 has remained bone stock. Ii decided to change that and modified a muffler from a 200 quad to fit on it. What a difference it makes in the sound of this quad. No more lawm mower/generator sound. It seemed to help out the power a little but has also caused the engine to run lean. Im now going to add a UNI Pod air filter and richen up the jets in the carb some. Here is a pic of the new muffler on the 150.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

mywifesquad- was wondering if you have got a chance to get assembly instructions for the 200cc jetmoto will be getting mine sometime this week and would the reference of some sort to build the bike. Also how hard is it to change the oil and is there a better Air filter that you would recommend?

Old 12-11-2007, 05:56 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: balanis03

mywifesquad- was wondering if you have got a chance to get assembly instructions for the 200cc jetmoto will be getting mine sometime this week and would the reference of some sort to build the bike. Also how hard is it to change the oil and is there a better Air filter that you would recommend?</end quote></div>

Hi balanis03, I just got that Hard drive with the info on it working again this morning. I will try my best to find it and send it to you tonite. Its pretty simple to change the oil ..... I would recommend a Uni Pod Filter. Pretty sure its a 1.75 dia version but Ill check that when i get to my shop later today.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks joel i really appreciate the help should get here tomorrow or Thursday

Old 12-13-2007, 11:09 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

balanis03, I am very sorry but Im not going to be able to help you. My assy instructions are lost somewhere in a hard drive gone bad. My son was trying to restore it or something like that last nite and it didnt happen. Have you asked John at Raceway for the Assy instructions MWQ made for the '06 Jetmoto's? Im going to PM him and see if he still has a copy of them.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

No problem John from Raceway helped me a lot. Know i put it together last night and stared perfectly but this morning woke up to gas smell do you know what it could be? I did try to start it again last night and had the off swith to off and would nt start once i relized it was off i didnt attempt it again. the fuel filter was leaking it was just dripping into a big puddle? Help me please

Old 12-16-2007, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

I have another problem i got a fuel filter but it seems to when i want to start it it kind of wants to to start but then makes a sound like a coil is bad or something. Its like a buzzing sound and i cant get this thing started? What could it be.

Quick Reply: Over 8 years with some Jetmoto's..