1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

New 400cc Tank Scout Arrived

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TLC
Even the Canadian built Can Ams sell for less in the states.

There shipped all the way to the states then a person buys it and ships it all the way back to Canada and save a couple of grand! Its just does not make sense. LOL
Yes I know and it really pisses off alot of people! I heard for a while there the Can-am dealers in Southern Alberta weren't selling a thing that one summer when the dollar was on par guys were going down with trailers and bringing back 6 sleds/quads at a time. One trip was a $20,000 savings alone. Then I guess Can-am cracked down on the US dealers saying they would cut them off or something. It was a really crazy there for a while.

Sorry guys I got off topic here!

Old 12-09-2009, 12:07 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by lowbudget
It lacks low end, mid range, top end.

The atv is supposed to do about 50-55mph according to Tank-Sports and and Jianshe. Mine I can not get over 40 mph.

1st gear is absolutely useless. and the torque needed for the trails and to climb hills is horrible camapared to the other 400's I ride with. Maybe with a carb adjustment and the clutch adjustment things will be a bit better but I don't know as of now.
Huh? usually a engine will make good power somewhere in the RPM range..

Claimed top speeds for Chinese machines are almost always very optimistic.

1st gear too high? (wont pull?) Im looking forward to your test ride..

Old 12-09-2009, 12:10 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Sawyer
Yes I know and it really pisses off alot of people! I heard for a while there the Can-am dealers in Southern Alberta weren't selling a thing that one summer when the dollar was on par guys were going down with trailers and bringing back 6 sleds/quads at a time. One trip was a $20,000 savings alone. Then I guess Can-am cracked down on the US dealers saying they would cut them off or something. It was a really crazy there for a while.

Sorry guys I got off topic here!
Where is a moderator when you need 1?

Old 12-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
Where is a moderator when you need 1?

Dont' worry you snowbirds. Once the frickin OBAMA health plans kicks in everything here will cost even MORE than what you pay up there. fascssmU:confuse d:SA

Old 12-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Trailblazer

i also have this quad. actuly i have the 2006 model and it looks identical to this one. and im not so sure that your quad is a 2008 model. but thats just a hunch. becasue there are newer pictures on jiansheamerica.com (dont use that site for parts dosnt work!) but mine says mountain lion on the side. and could you help me find parts? i am in a corner. my clutch went. it is a semi auto tho. and i cannot find parts anywhere!. the exact parts that i need are the clutch plates, F3-420401-0 (quantity=6) and clutch frictions F3-422000-0 (7) and clutch springs F3-420701-0 (5). those are the exact parts with the part #'s. thanks

Old 12-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Trailblazer
Default Oil Filter

I have the 2006 model of jianshe's mountain lion. (JS400-1) besides the drain plug little strainer thing. where is the oil filter?

Old 12-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by jianshe400
i also have this quad. actuly i have the 2006 model and it looks identical to this one. and im not so sure that your quad is a 2008 model. but thats just a hunch. becasue there are newer pictures on jiansheamerica.com (dont use that site for parts dosnt work!) but mine says mountain lion on the side. and could you help me find parts? i am in a corner. my clutch went. it is a semi auto tho. and i cannot find parts anywhere!. the exact parts that i need are the clutch plates, F3-420401-0 (quantity=6) and clutch frictions F3-422000-0 (7) and clutch springs F3-420701-0 (5). those are the exact parts with the part #'s. thanks
I have an inspection paper that says mine was built 10/2008 with the VIN number on it. You will see many different decals on these quads. They are sold by everybody and their mothers with their own company decals on them. Tank-Sports is a huge distributor for Jianshe here in USA but I highly wouldn't recommend them. I've had nothing but lies and hell from them since they got thier money. As for the parts. You may find them at a few dealers locally that deal with Jianshe stuff. You will need to call Tank-Sports and speak with someone that can direct you to a local dealer that is capable of ordering the parts through them because they are just a distributor and will not sell to the public. Unless like me you find thier junk on ebay and get scammed like I did. I would bring the plates down to Yamaha and compare them to a 2003-2006 Big Bear 400 4x4. Good Luck and keep in touch I am from CT too

Old 12-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by jianshe400
I have the 2006 model of jianshe's mountain lion. (JS400-1) besides the drain plug little strainer thing. where is the oil filter?
The oil filter is behind the oil cooler cover. The small metal case on the front right side of your engine that your oil cooler lines go into from the cooler up front. I am 99% sure it is the same as a yamaha 400cc filter. The oil filter/cooler assembly is identical and I have heard from other people who have purchased these quads they have purchased them through yamaha.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

lowbudget - not sure why you are caving in, at least it seems like you are. I would press to get my money back and send the thing back. Remember I gave you a gun loaded with ammo to go after them. They do NOT f.. around in California and if they think their DMV license may get a ding or get pulled they WILL jump on it.

You did not get the official documents. This is a big issue. Maybe mywifequad can chime in but I think Jetmoto lost their license for awhile due to sloppy DMV paperwork.

Don't settle for it unless you are willing to live with it.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by windtrader
lowbudget - not sure why you are caving in, at least it seems like you are. I would press to get my money back and send the thing back. Remember I gave you a gun loaded with ammo to go after them. They do NOT f.. around in California and if they think their DMV license may get a ding or get pulled they WILL jump on it.

You did not get the official documents. This is a big issue. Maybe mywifequad can chime in but I think Jetmoto lost their license for awhile due to sloppy DMV paperwork.

Don't settle for it unless you are willing to live with it.

Thanks again for all the great info. I passed it on to my brother who is a CT attorney and he is going to contact DMV to get the paperwork needed to file a complaint. They have ignored my emails once again for 2 days so far and I am still without a tracking number for my parts. They are really lucky I don't live locally. They'd for sure have this thing sitting in their showroom and not through the normal entry way If it was a $6-8k brand name atv i'd have the trailer loaded and be on my way already

Quick Reply: New 400cc Tank Scout Arrived